Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2023 Obs/Discussion

Torch Tiger

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro was a ka-ka trend. Not what anyone wanted to see. It still works verbatim for parts of NNE but another tick like that and nobody does well. 

I’m a little surprised, seems like it’s kind of an outlier right now. But with this winter, I’m sure everything will blast north and it’ll be rains to central Canada within the next few runs 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think what’s happening here is us in SNE now want NNE to feel our pain.  NNE had their turn with several snows pre Xmas . Now it is time for all to feel pain and we pray it torches to Quebec City. SNE is now just to point that we laugh and don’t care anymore, as long as we do not have to see another caking snowstorm hit just north of the MA border.

Yup its been clear since some models had snow in NNE yesterday, ha.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Nice subtle change of wording there. Get out there and enjoy that 1-3” at the snow stake today ! Jelly 

lol, thanks man, it is a nice winter day.  No one is going to say it's deep winter, but you take what you can get.  Don't get any closer to the fire my friend or you'll melt :frostymelt:

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Honestly as 40/70 said the other day, this is when people get real pissy and start trolling, wishing for others to rain and feel their suffering, etc.

The board starts going down hill fast in the shitty winters :lol:.

Now I think people are going to just start being in awe of the enormity of it, surpassing any will to do that lol

Another way to look at it? Sometimes it’s just so bad you gotta marvel.  That’s what Christmas 2014 was like. It was close to 70 when the sun came out just before the cold advection… We walked around downtown and cargo shorts and T-shirts and it was just too beautiful too strange to not appreciate that. Of course all hell broke loose a month later. 

This year you almost get the feeling like it can’t I don’t know why not the most scientific thing to say that. Especially coming from me but whatever

• Like 2

I don't understand the teleconnections nearly as well as most on here, but shouldn't they have been mostly awful for northeast cold and snow for most of December and now seemingly most or all of January?

Otherwise, they seem to be essentially useless as forecasting tools.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is about the time you’re really going to have to know posters locations when interpreting model runs. I though the Euro and Eps looked fine for the places that appeared to be in a good spot already.

Nothing really has changed much in those areas the last day or so.

Just now, Sey-Mour Snow said:

958ADE6A-1ED0-4214-B28F-AEB8E01DEDEA.png

I hope we do get that change. If things do make a change after the 21st, people will forget about their " cancel winter ", and embrace the changes.

I am still optimistic. I cannot give up until winter's over. And I'm sure everybody else feels the same way, or you wouldn't still be here.