Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, weathafella said:

That was a rainstorm in SNE and NNE outside of far SW CT.

No you’re thinking of feb 25-26, 2010. 

Feb 10, 2010 was the epic bust where all the schools and workplaces shut down the night before and we got like 2-3” of slop. 

Different setup though. It was a deep cutoff low. 

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Crushes south central PA.

2016 light version......has had that look for days, we were bullseyed in that one as well, might have been 5+ days out too, only to watch it subtly shift south run by run. Thankfully we had a last second bump north. But in the end the bullseye ended up DC to NY

2 minutes ago, Fozz said:

I wouldn't panic just yet. Not unless the other models catch on to this. 

No reason to panic at all because of a single run that is like 75 miles from destroying SNE at day 5. 

At the end of the day, I’m still pretty sure we’re going to be glad we have a potent block. Hard for me to ignore how this looks to our west. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Epic!  I saw some great storms during my Cambridge years.

Did you live in that neighborhood?  
One of my favorite winter activities was walking to Cambridge Brewing Company during big snow storms.  That place never closed for weather.  You could sip a beer at the bar and watch the snow fly sideways through those big glass windows.

Yep, lived on Broadway for several years and spent an inordinate amount of time at CBC and Lord Hobo. Good times.

Nope. Just if we are gonna lose it someone might as well enjoy the benefits. In the next 48 hours a lot of folks will be ready to jump out windows only to see this come back some, then suppressed some, etc.  The images and the discussion, though, lead one to think this is going to be a MA/NYC/Cape Cod special. Hope that James finally has a big one to celebrate. I'm fine with 2-4 of white on the ground for a few days. Last Saturday's mess is finally melting, so something fresh will be nice.