Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I believe it. That’s clearing every 6 hrs with 35:1 fluff. Look at Jspin maiming constant 1” depth last week when he had like 3.8” fluff. :lol:  Shit compacts.

Right.

We all joke, but at the end of the day, I also think @Damage In Tolland is very accurate and meticulous with his measurements. I don't think anyone of this core group actually inflates totals.

• Like 3

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Right.

We all joke, but at the end of the day, I also think @Damage In Tolland is very accurate and meticulous with his measurements. I don't think anyone of this core group actually inflates totals.

I’ve made some mistakes in the past with shitty measuring spots but no one takes 7” and makes it 10”. It’s kinda like your golf scores...you’re only cheating yourself lol. 

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Someone other than myself should begin a threat on the Monday event

The EPS does not like that event either.  The CMC has been pretty consistent in saying that one is a dud.  The Euro joined it the last 2 runs.  A weaker Monday is probably better for SNE Wednesday...well at least for places that are not SE

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The EPS does not like that event either.  The CMC has been pretty consistent in saying that one is a dud.  The Euro joined it the last 2 runs.  A weaker Monday is probably better for SNE Wednesday...well at least for places that are not SE

Agreed.  Monday is weak sh*t.  Keep it a lil flatter and bring the beast in for Wednesday/Thursday. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Agree.

I am somewhat wary of Monday being flat because the WRN NATL setup.  Those sort of systems in recent winters when we have the upper air pattern we have in place Sun-Mon have almost always been west/amped of what the 48-60 hour guidance has suggested.  The CMC has been running somewhat well lately though.

2 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I believe there is enough space in timing of the two major shortwaves that it won't have much of an impact.  The Monday system becomes a powerful low over Labrador no matter the intensity at the benchmark!

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I am somewhat wary of Monday being flat because the WRN NATL setup.  Those sort of systems in recent winters when we have the upper air pattern we have in place Sun-Mon have almost always been west/amped of what the 48-60 hour guidance has suggested.  The CMC has been running somewhat well lately though.

SnowGoose, I think we should have a separate thread for the Monday event now.  The only issue that system has for any potential accumulating snows is the temp profile.  Does the cold front from tonight's system reach the coast and gets south of the islands in time before the precipitation begins on the Monday system.  The upper shortwave over the Rockies right now is quite strong on Water Vapor imagery.

4 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

Was 150 miles too far west with Laura into Galveston. The eps and ecmwf have been garbage. 

Go with geps / cmc which have been most consistant benchmark/ se

I don't the performance in the tropics is particularly relevent....especially since ECMWF has stated that they have focused on the mid latitudes at the expense of the tropics with respect to recent upgrades.

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

SnowGoose, I think we should have a separate thread for the Monday event now.  The only issue that system has for any potential accumulating snows is the temp profile.  Does the cold front from tonight's system reach the coast and gets south of the islands in time before the precipitation begins on the Monday system.  The upper shortwave over the Rockies right now is quite strong on Water Vapor imagery.

I don't think we need a thread for it, but knock yourself out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, wizard021 said:

leftward bias in surface cyclones.

I'm not a fan of blindly applying sweeping generalizations in meteorology...you need to assess the situation, and then consider the guidance at hand to determine what makes sense. I think hedging north with a potent SW developing in the south is wise here.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I missed that. I really like him and Juadah on Twitter. Say what you want about Judah, but he and Fisher are two of the more engaging public figures on social media that I have come across. 

I don’t follow Judah (prob should). Fisher is great for his mix of good meteorology, weenieism, and fun times.   Very approachable     A bunch of New England TV Mets are.  Barry B was great.