Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

End of that NAM run looks like the makings of a Miller B with a little further north high placement but the hell if I know. 

Yea, it has the primary making deeper into the OHRV.....which is what some of us have been warning about, and why PA may not get 20"+.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This tells you all you need to know.

Of note--the 12"+ probabilities rise higher in MA vs. CT compared to the 3" and 6" amounts.  My interpretation of that is it's due to a bigger hit in MA than CT on the second system (since CT will be getting more on Monday).

I for one will trade Monday for a big Thursday.

• Like 5
  • Weenie 1

52 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Given the new recommendations, I think if you go with the old way , That you should also def post max depth like a  default two measurement report.

It would minimize the disbelief from the drastic differences we can see from a drawn out storm that involves fluff. I mean obviously going old school would cause measurements to stick out . I don’t really care that much but I just imagine the amount of back and forth that could be eliminated lol

I would imagine the difference could approach 30% in some Long drawn out biggies 

February 2013, the official report for Trumbull was 34".  I measured 25" the next morning.  I was in SBN for the Cleveland Super Bomb - 35" was reported, and damn, we had a real 35" on the ground!

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm doing 6 hour sweep bc that is what makes sense to me. If enlightening someone with my settled depth arouses them, I'll be more than happy to make their day by adding that, though.

I do both usually, just to compare, but what is the official measurement requirements now, spotter training was 6hr clearing last I knew