Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Juno was January 2015, in which I predicted that Cape Cod would stay all snow, and they did, I measured 32" in my front yard, the West Harwich spotter reported 30.5" total.  NEMO was more of a mix with heavy rain and we had good backend snows with 17" total.  NEMO was a CT special.

I can see this being a snow to rain back to snow event there with a foot total. You should be fine.

8 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s not like suppression hasn’t been on the table the whole time with this type of set up.  I’ve been worrying this out to sea for days.  :D

I guess it could be semantics but i don't see suppression. Supression is a giant scooter shiat streak in SE Canada and big confluence so this is not that.

More so a  risk of an earlier capture and tuck NW toward ACY  with brief "stall" and then scoot east.  Everyone South of at least NH border would see warning snow IMO but the most would probably be south coast and then S Shore CJ in SNE and a max from Maybe BMI to Philly / S PA from ML deform. That imo iis one option at this point. I really am just spit balling. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. That’s not what I was implying but you have a tendency to not believe early transfers or early occlusions. In a non blocked flow, I’m in your camp all day. In this setup, however, occluding off the NJ coast and crushing the interior mid atl is plausible...in addition to still giving EMA a great event. That’s all. 

Not sure what Dec or winter forecasting has anything to do with this, though, but yes we know your pre season calls are doing very well so far. I’ll have Santa sit on your lap in his long john’s on Christmas morning so you can read him your winter outlook in praise...

:lol: 

I missed that part.

Anyway, all I was implying is that I don't just forecast based upon what gets me more snow, which is what I thought you were trying to imply by implicating Methuen in your post.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

:lol: 

I missed that part.

Anyway, all I was implying is that I don't just forecast based upon what gets me more snow, which is what I thought you were trying to imply by implicating Methuen in your post.

I was jabbing. I know you love to max out events, as most do. But I wasn’t implying you would (or ever have) forecast with your snow goggles on. 

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Nah, like 31", but NWS through it out.

It was legit.

Such a great storm, huge snowflake and monster rates. Spent the day schlepping around the 'ville with a few buds, just seeing the sights. Memorable for sure. We probably had about 2'