Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Lol. That’s not what I was implying but you have a tendency to not believe early transfers or early occlusions. In a non blocked flow, I’m in your camp all day. In this setup, however, occluding off the NJ coast and crushing the interior mid atl is plausible...in addition to still giving EMA a great event. That’s all. 

Not sure what Dec or winter forecasting has anything to do with this, though, but yes we know your pre season calls are doing very well so far. I’ll have Santa sit on your lap in his long john’s on Christmas morning so you can read him your winter outlook in praise...

You understand that what I am implying brings the heaviest snows to your area and not mine, correct?

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Who’s Jonas?

Just another one of the "names" TWC applied to winter storms (which I don't care for, really, just threw the name in there) aka January 2016 

2 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

I love how the interpretation of "Jonas" is really showing everyone's age here lol.

My 23rd birthday is next month; and to be honest I never liked them. I just associate the name to some bitterness from that blizzard. It happened too close to my birthday that year.

Just now, crossbowftw3 said:

Just another one of the "names" TWC applied to winter storms (which I don't care for, really, just threw the name in there) aka January 2016 

My 23rd birthday is next month; and to be honest I never liked them. I just associate the name to some bitterness from that blizzard. It happened too close to my birthday that year.

I always preferred for winter storms to be named after their dates. I never was a fan of calling a snowstorm "Nemo" or "Jonas". I guess that makes me old fashioned. 

1 minute ago, crossbowftw3 said:

A young-in.  I’m double your age.  I don’t watch the TWC and have no clue what named storms are for dates/ years.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

A young-in.  I’m double your age.  I don’t watch the TWC and have no clue what named storms are for dates/ years.

I turned my back on them a while ago (a few years by this point.) The "covidcane" stunt was pretty preposterous; but by then I had forums like this that are a good deal better at conveying the information behind the storms than TWC ever could dream to.

9 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Last minute latent heat release always brings these bad boys a little farther north. I'm fine where we're sitting right now.

That and just look at the trough orientation to our west. This is pretty deep and going negative more than any of our whiffs. It’s certainly possible but I’d bet more on a N bump than a S one on that look. 

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That and just look at the trough orientation to our west. This is pretty deep and going negative more than any of our whiffs. It’s certainly possible but I’d bet more on a N bump than a S one on that look. 

I totally agree to. There's a lot to back it up with the storm going back towatds the north Trend again. It's not like the high pressure is a super cold Arctic high pressure. Then I would say we have an issue with suppression. I believe with Juno, there was a much colder high pressure that suppressed the storm South. Can anybody confirm that, but I think I'm correct

3 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It’s not like suppression hasn’t been on the table the whole time with this type of set up.  I’ve been worrying this out to sea for days.  :D

Need to drop some nukes on that block, so it implodes and let’s this storm take its rightful course to CAR, lol. 

• Haha 1