Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

These are the changes that you, scooter and I have been anticipating,  and why the 20-30" in PA and NJ is BS. Also why this may be very high impact for some of NE.

And for the “easy for you to say” crowd....how many times have we seen this? Sure maybe we’re proven wrong...lord knows last two seasons have done that for me...but I think this s/w as modeled is pretty potent and it wouldn’t shock us to see a couple of moves NW. not necessarily jumps, but more like bumps.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And for the “easy for you to say” crowd....how many times have we seen this? Sure maybe we’re proven wrong...lord knows last two seasons have done that for me...but I think this s/w as modeled is pretty potent and it wouldn’t shock us to see a couple of moves NW. not necessarily jumps, but more like bumps.

Late Sunday and Monday runs, right as the convection starts firing in the southeast. Happens every time.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Just don’t lessen my SE MA experience ^_^

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

yeah, good lesson for some of the newbies on the board like DT

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Well, it's tricky to explain effectively. Essentially we use ensembles because we don't understand the uncertainty of our chaotic atmosphere. Taking into account this uncertainty, the model runs several times with slightly perturbed conditions in order to create the individual members in order to best account for all possibilities. That's how we get the ensemble mean. The ensemble control forecast is the ensemble member run from the unperturbed, coarse-resolution initial conditions. Essentially the control run is useless in conclusion

Thanks. I have just never seen the word "control " used when discussing the ensemble mean.