Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol I don’t think I’ve been negative. Just keeping expectations in check at d4-5. I’ll be all in if we get this inside D2. 

Agreed. I still wouldn't be surprised if this thing just ends up grazing CT/RI/SE Mass. It won't come in but could still go out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Just had to check.  ;)
Since we moved to Maine in 1973, I count 27 snowfalls of 6"+ at DCA.  We (at our then current domicile) had 6"+ on 4 of those occasions: 
1/22/1987
1993 superstorm
1/25/2000
2/12-13/2014.
Missing just the pinky

Yeah, That sounds about right, I knew it was a few, Most of the time the system has occluded or it’s heading off to the ENE as it gets to this Lat

1 minute ago, PowderBeard said:

Agreed. I still wouldn't be surprised if this thing just ends up grazing CT/RI/SE Mass. It won't come in but could still go out. 

It can still come further north before turning ENE. Just look at the upper flow around 96 hours. It isn’t exactly suppression city showing up over NNE...you get that vort a little stronger maybe when it assimilates onshore and you could def see a further north solution. It won’t become a cutter or rip inland over ORH because of the block, but there’s some room. 

image.thumb.gif.38eac2cbcaabf6bb1fdc41ef4ef070e1.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It can still come further north before turning ENE. Just look at the upper flow around 96 hours. It isn’t exactly suppression city showing up over NNE...you get that vort a little stronger maybe when it assimilates onshore and you could def see a further north solution. It won’t become a cutter or rip inland over ORH because of the block, but there’s some room. 

image.thumb.gif.38eac2cbcaabf6bb1fdc41ef4ef070e1.gif

Thanks, the cutter idea is what I meant by "in" but yes north enough to mix/rain along the coastal areas for a time is 100% possible/likely. The suppression idea is locked in my head and keeping me most skeptical but I can see what you mean.

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Drunk? It’s a capture and stall. These linger 

This thing’s outta here Thursday afternoon. Maybe some flurries still linger Thursday evening in SE MA but that’s it. It’s a nuke but t doesn’t hang around. For 36 hours like Jan 2015. 

• Like 3