SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

14 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

What exactly is the para gfs?

The future.

https://vlab.ncep.noaa.gov/web/environmental-modeling-center/unified-forecast-system

With the initial operational implementation of FV3GFS now accomplished, EMC's global modeling focus has turned towards development of the next GFS (v16) upgrade, which will include doubled vertical resolution (64 to 127 layers), more advanced physics, data assimilation system upgrades, and coupling to a NCEP Global Wave Model. Implementation of GFSv16 is targeted for the early winter of 2021. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

The GFS just dumped 3" of QPF in SEMA in 12 hours, regardless of your interpretation of a storm's start and end times

Regardless of what Kevin thinks that's likely highly implausible to happen...if at 10:1 you're asking for 3" of snow an hour for 12 hours...essentially, one band has to last for half a day. Not likely.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

That trough axis does look like it would want to amp up.  Damn -NAO.  I’m sure there’ll be a zonked NAM run over like BOS at some point though lol.

I know folks love blocking, I don’t mind a weak one but strong blocks and it’s cirrus typically here.

• Like 1