• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

Active mid December with multiple event potential

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s going to be easy for widespread 12+ amounts . No one will have under 10 except SE Mass

I’ll take the over on 10 here.... and there is going to be a sub zone, no doubt about it. Just hope it doesn’t play out as modeled on some stuff.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

If I had to pick a spot to have a chance to throw up a 20” spot I’d pick like Easton Sharon Foxboro area. Somewhere in that general vicinity.

And Stoughton lol

6 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

No offense to Noyes but I have a hard time buying it. It's not like we're getting the obscene heavy snow signals we've had in other storms. It's also not really a rapidly deepening system. Do we have the ingredients needed for something like 4" an hour. I don't know.... 

must be the often mentioned in house model...........

I don't see 4"/hr here. Maybe in PA when they get destroyed. Perhaps a narrow area under the deffy band somewhere from Alb-SNH or so? But I wouldn't have mentioned that. People will think that is to be expected.

7 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

Oh stop. It's all about sun angle. Especially with these overnight deals.

Moon angle is an often overlooked aspect of snowfall forecasting. And let's not forget Andromeda while we're at it!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I don't see 4"/hr here. Maybe in PA when they get destroyed. Perhaps a narrow area under the deffy band somewhere from Alb-SNH or so? But I wouldn't have mentioned that. People will think that is to be expected.

And he also mentioned blizzard conditions......

17 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s like 15 degrees this morning... I think we can put to rest it not sticking and accumulating immediately on all surfaces.

But the sun angle is too low!

That snow hole that keeps showing up on guidance is undoubtedly a real feature. I’m taking the under on double digits where it sets up, and I have a pretty good idea where that’s going to be.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

But the soil temps..

I can't believe raindance said that silly statement unless he was referring to the previous system.

Still the soil temp idea is pretty ridiculous when it can go from pouring to snow drifts in hours. 

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

I can't believe raindance said that silly statement unless he was referring to the previous system.

Still the soil temp idea is pretty ridiculous when it can go from pouring to snow drifts in hours. 

That was why I troll posted it but maybe it was about the last storm. Still was not relevant though when EMA accumulated on Halloween. Air temps and rates, that’s it.

2 minutes ago, DomNH said:

That snow hole that keeps showing up on guidance is undoubtedly a real feature. I’m taking the under on double digits where it sets up, and I have a pretty good idea where that’s going to be.

Pretty relentless signal across the board. My guess is some of the meso's are a little wild with it, but the signal is undeniable.