Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Active mid December with multiple event potential

Typhoon Tip

3 hours ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Great to see this from Harvey's station.... 

20201216_063404.jpg

Didn't stay up all night so I'm "late" to the morning shenanigans   :)  but ... I'm still seeing two aspects, one that is fun and one that is annoying ( potentially...)

1 ...  CSI or 'quasi' CSI (Conv. Symmetrical Instability) still seems plausible if not likely in this situation - I didn't listen/see WCVB's morning report, but I do recall their layout later yesterday was a smidge less at "10-16" with no "+" symbol caboose ...so clearly, someone is trying to emphasize some form of local enhancement - ...

(Edit.. I shortened that - it's too long of a read for this engagement so why bother - no one does or will )

2 ... A tucking screw hole for Ray ?  That stubborn notching is still being hinted in these products. From where I am, N Middlesex Co over to N. Essex there could result a relative minoring?  There does seem to be a tendency in recent guidance renditions to fill that in...  but it's still hinted/showing up around Worc. Co in the UKMET ... and Euro is hinting NE... It could be that said region is S of the said mid level 'frontogenic' forcing/CSI activity, while being too far NW of E MA's coastal frontal flop-side big snow signal.  ..I could see like Brockton over to Framingham out along Rt 9 getting a surprisingly donut stuffing machine return from this, unrelated specifically to said mid level magic ...  

Other than that... these CSI/banding signals for me are quite elegantly designed, so without them this looks like a 10" thump... but if a band sets up... it's 4"/hr ?with thunder?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I just want the local nordic center to be able to open with a base that will withstand our unpredictable weather and allow me to ski in the woods. This will likely ruin the pond skating for a bit but if we can get some cold help with small lake and large ponds.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

My attitude is, anything over 10” is going to be gravy.   
Not to be greedy but hoping the NAM is correct and it is deform delight RT 2 N. 

22 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Pretty confident in 4-6" here. Too close to the beaches as they say but 8" would be my absolute ceiling if the snow holds on a bit longer or the OES delivers a bit at the tail end

8" is my low ball.  Going 10-14".

23 minutes ago, klw said:

Very little happened to people but what happened was instead of 3 TV stations clamoring for attention there are now hundreds plus the net.  TV wants you to tune in and thus hypes this stuff like crazy.  People now also share Kuchera clown maps on Facebook and that is how news is spread to many without explanation.  People are the same, media is different.  If anything snowstorms have less of an impact than they used to because up until the 1/96 storm, AWD and 4WD with the exception whereas now most everyone has an SUV or Crossover with AWD or at least knows someone with one.  In the 96 storm, NJ hospitals asked for volunteers with AWD to help patients get to treatment.  That would likely not happen today.

Media sucks the sap out of the sap-sucker public because it works. Mark Twain had it right-- people are endlessly gullible. That gullibility is easier to manipulate than ever due to crowded 24/7 content from endless outlets of sensationalism (equals revenue streams).  So we have the magic of Kuchie-Kuchie in all its eye candy forms-- in the blink of an eye a pizza palace turns into a place of child abduction. Of course it's just a pizza place... However, do not discount the specialness 12-18+ inch storm apparently on our doorsteps. Having lived through many a snow drought in a long lifetime of weeniedom, these are rather rare and splendid creatures and should be savored. As for media, there are plenty of responsible outlets, sources of reliable information. People simply have to take the time and trouble to seek them out-- also to sift content from a variety of sources/perspectives. Few are willing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1