• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    PrinsWX
    Newest Member
    PrinsWX

Hurricane Isaias

26 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Crazy.  Over this way Mansfield is either having issues or it just didn’t happen, as they didn’t even gust to 50mph at 4,000ft.  Something seems off though as MMNV1 has been <10mph sustained the past 3 hours.  Feels windier down here.

I'm guessing we had gusts in the 30s here around 7 when I went over to check the Little River (still well within its banks).

10 minutes ago, DomNH said:

ASH maxed at 33 mph. Legendary wind pit.

Seems like SE winds are the worst for that siting. Always lower than MHT. My Davis at like 10ft off the ground surrounded by trees managed 25mph.

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sebago earlier tonight, They got hammered.

That's wild. Wouldnt be keeping the boat in with that southerly fetch. Even the small lake near me a pontoon broke lose from a mooring with a 1/2 mile fetch. 

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

That's wild. Wouldnt be keeping the boat in with that southerly fetch. Even the small lake near me a pontoon broke lose from a mooring with a 1/2 mile fetch. 

Nope, That lake is round and those all broke off their moorings, Anything out of the SSE will kick there azz, Been on that lake for 40+ yrs and it will get as nasty as the ocean with 4-6' in the right conditions.

6 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Seems like SE winds are the worst for that siting. Always lower than MHT

I think MHT is a little more exposed than ASH. ASH isn’t really in a crater but the whole city is kind of a crater so I don’t think it matters. 

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think MHT is a little more exposed than ASH. ASH isn’t really in a crater but the whole city is kind of a crater so I don’t think it matters. 

Still a little weird. I get better winds in my sheltered yard than the airport does on southerly winds at times. I just had some of the biggest gusts of the day in the past hour, MHT popped a 43kt

8 minutes ago, DomNH said:

MHT is on a little plateau in the river valley. ASH and that airport site is in a relative hole.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, DavisStraight said:

Just surveyed the damage in my yard, a good size maple came down and my weeping cherry is really weeping, not much left but the trunk and a few branches. Gonna need the chainsaw this weekend.

If its any consolation cherry wood is great to use in the smoker.

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Nope, That lake is round and those all broke off their moorings, Anything out of the SSE will kick there azz, Been on that lake for 40+ yrs and it will get as nasty as the ocean with 4-6' in the right conditions.

Yeah, I've seen that lake turn nasty on a NW wind that kicked in the morning after a frontal passage in September. Went from calm to frothing in about 20 minutes...almost swamped the boat when we got eventually got back to the ramp and tried pulling it out.

Just now, rimetree said:

Yeah, I've seen that lake turn nasty on a NW wind that kicked in the morning after a frontal passage in September. Went from calm to frothing in about 20 minutes...almost swamped the boat when we got eventually got back to the ramp and tried pulling it out.

There is no good wind direction to escape on that lake, It can blow up quickly too, Late afternoons were always fun trying to get back to the boat launch at the state park.

51 minutes ago, DomNH said:

ASH maxed at 33 mph. Legendary wind pit.

But the dew was 77!

15 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Yeah, NW is a notorious big wave direction. Water temps warm in the fall and cold NW flow helps mix down big wind gusts to pile up water.

Well at least it will be a COC week. Good thing as no AC on genny. Keeping the freezers going is the priority 

This backside wind is pretty impressive.  Probably the strongest wind-blown rain yet just moved in with classic NW flow.  That increase is lighting up some heavy showers.

Aug_4_11pm.gif.c60884765ca62d3604bc1e1124689894.gif

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Well at least it will be a COC week. Good thing as no AC on genny. Keeping the freezers going is the priority 

Lost a lot of meat after one power outage, have a good size genny now, its something you don't think of but its a waste of good food and money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

This backside wind is pretty impressive.  Probably the strongest wind-blown rain yet just moved in with classic NW flow.  That increase is lighting up some heavy showers.

Aug_4_11pm.gif.c60884765ca62d3604bc1e1124689894.gif

The center is near you now isn't it?

Had about an hour of impressive winds for this part of the CRV.  Glad power is on.
Just over 1” of rain .  
Grateful we escaped any high winds. 

2 hours ago, JC-CT said:

I took a video of that too, but I agree that it doesn't do it justice.

Just doesn't work.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

Pretty boring here, fun tracking it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

This was before peak gusts.  Probably 40s here then shit got real with 60s.

• Thanks 1

It was a crazy day. Got to see the brunt of this in Long Beach, NY and then came home to find a fair amount of damage. 

Measured a peak gust of 65 in Long Beach, NY. Not too far from the 78 gust. There was some minor structural damage, and a lot of trees down all the way home. No power here but a beautiful evening nonetheless.

y6wN4vR.jpg

yJshPJn.jpg

GSz9cLO.jpg

jvMgdZg.jpg