• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    dhubbard
    Newest Member
    dhubbard

Hurricane Isaias

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Whatever happened to CT light and power? Are they still around?

I remember they were eviscerated after the Oct 2011 storm after some criticism during Irene 7-8 weeks earlier. There was a map along the MA/CT border that showed the CT border towns with like 80-100% outages and the MA border towns with very few. 

I think Eversource bought them out? They were that awful with restoring service after Oct 11. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

cLP became Eversource 

Ahh. I figured. I don’t remember reading about eversource back then. Seems like eversource swallowed up all their subsidiaries. 

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think Eversource bought them out? They were that awful with restoring service after Oct 11. 

Yeah I remember the pitchforks being out for CL&P after Oct 2011. Towns literally next door that were serviced by other companies were restored while the CL&P customers went for days and days longer without power. In some cases weeks. 

9 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

My GPA would have suffered greatly as a met major to say the least, especially since I spent more time chasing shots and women than studying in my freshman year. :lol: 

I took Met classes at URI but went into Environmental Science. Interned with the state Climatologist though. I partied hard too but went back as an older student and nailed the math stuff. Just a matter of effort I guess.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Lol...that’s it?   Even my hood had those..

lol my yard was like that,my poor neighbors though, yikes. I offered help but they were all set with a contractor and are staying at a friend's. Nice people new to the hood. 

45 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Sorry heard a tree snap and jerked around to make sure it wasn't falling my way.  Neighbors took it on the chin here. I will try harder next time.

Screenshot_20200805-104810_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-104829_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200805-104848_Gallery.jpg

More than understandable.  You guys have it bad for tree damage these past few months.  I hope everyone came out physically unscathed and "just" property damage!

Did your fence come out of it unscathed this time?

Well one stroke of luck I guess.....a neighbor down the road had a dumpster in his driveway which normally would be his car. Massive Norway snapped and fell over the dumpster....lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Well one stroke of luck I guess.....a neighbor down the road had a dumpster in his driveway which normally would be his car. Massive Norway snapped and fell over the dumpster....lol. 

Hopefully the bear living in the dumpster was ok. 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, dendrite said:

FRG gusted to 78mph and MTP only 33mph. Sometimes weird mesoscale things happen.

Yesterday most of the gusts were the usual kind where there is a lull and then you can hear the roar in the forest as the winds pick up and gust through.  Yesterday before the feedband rain and wind started we had a gust of 40mph that came out of no where.  Almost seemed to desend on the house and you could hear the creaks as it hit the house.  It was a 40mph gust.   Up until that time the winds were just pretty breezy,  15-20mph.  Maybe it was mixing from above?  I have no idea

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hopefully the bear living in the dumpster was ok. 

Around here, you'd have a better chance finding a hermit in there..lol.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

FRG gusted to 78mph and MTP only 33mph. Sometimes weird mesoscale things happen.

Not weird... The pressure gradient was much more representative of a tropical system at that latitude. 

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Not weird... The pressure gradient was much more representative of a tropical system at that latitude. 

Longitude?

1 hour ago, klw said:

More than understandable.  You guys have it bad for tree damage these past few months.  I hope everyone came out physically unscathed and "just" property damage!

Did your fence come out of it unscathed this time?

Yes thank you. One section was pushed out but NBD. I haven't put up the last damaged section yet as I can not get 4 by 4 by 8 PT

30 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I see a hairy Italian from Moosup in there. 

not hairy half Italian but jealous as fuk

• Weenie 1

35 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Screenshot_20200805-115531_Gallery.jpg

Misquamicut? Lots of seaweed in the water or clean.  I may be on the road soon lol 

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Misquamicut? Lots of seaweed in the water or clean.  I may be on the road soon lol 

East Beach, water is pretty clean but it's hard to get too far out. Waves were getting a bit more reasonable as I was leaving 15 min ago.

Just now, JC-CT said:

East Beach, water is pretty clean but it's hard to get too far out. Waves were getting a bit more reasonable as I was leaving 15 min ago.

Watch Hill? Nice.

• Like 1

Eversource is supposedly going to announce later today to expect up to 11 days for power restoration in CT. 

51 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Longitude?

No. Latitude. It became extra tropical and phased right around NYC metro, hence also began tracking due north...That’s also why the wind impact broadened for our sub forum despite it tracking much further west.

19 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

may have been mentioned already but sad news out of N. Conway where a woman was killed in her home from a falling tree.

A 66-year old man was killed in Nagatuck, CT when a tree fell on him as he was removing debris from the road :( 

• Weenie 1