Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Discobs 2020

George BM

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Some hefty returns down in Howard county/ Mont .  But probably too warm there . Maybe places like Clarksburg or Damascus with some elevation can get some wet flakes 

Hard to say "it's a shame about snow near the cities in mid-April, but it is a really nice band setting up in Hoco that would have really come down fast and furious for a short time. I'm still in the upper 40's though, so quite far from any snow here.

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

It's been a nice distraction tracking this...though we knew it was low chance for all of us . I was hoping to see a brief period of wet snow and I believe I would have with rates . 

We could have. But so much has to go right this late. Need a rare cold airmass. Then need rates. And likely need it to be at night. We got 2/3. Oh well

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

My phone says its 36 with rain/snow right now... I guess it could be... but I'm not going to stand outside at 4am looking for a snowflake lol

I went outside.  There are some splotchy rain drops.  But like the rest of our winter it’s underwhelming.  36 here.  Meh

Saw flakes on the security cameras.

Nothing really unusual for April here though.

I believe it was mid April 2014 where we were near 80 and the next evening we had a coating on the deck.  Quarter inch even.

But it's spring, the forsythias are green and buds are popping everywhere.  Time to start thinking ahead for 20-21 winter.

Maybe we'll see some legit tropical or if we have a real heatwave another derecho.  We missed out on that one here but the lightshow was fun.

48 minutes ago, Zanclidae said:

Saw flakes on the security cameras.

Nothing really unusual for April here though.

I believe it was mid April 2014 where we were near 80 and the next evening we had a coating on the deck.  Quarter inch even.

But it's spring, the forsythias are green and buds are popping everywhere.  Time to start thinking ahead for 20-21 winter.

Maybe we'll see some legit tropical or if we have a real heatwave another derecho.  We missed out on that one here but the lightshow was fun.

During the past 40 years, I have never had two very low snowfall winters consecutively.  Something to look forward next year.

.5" of snow last night with 33 degrees.  1 - 3 inches on the surrounding mountains.

2 hours ago, Rhino16 said:

I don’t think it’s possible to get less than 1.5” again next year. At least it better not be possible.

My total this winter was 5.2".

The lowest total was 1991-92 at 3.10". The following winter came in at 36.5".   Next is 1980-81 at 3.20" followed by 34.5" in 81-82.   2016-17 yielded 4.50" followed by 18.4" in 17-18.  2001- 02 came in with 5.50" followed by 35.50" in 02-03.

1 hour ago, stormy said:

My total this winter was 5.2".

The lowest total was 1991-92 at 3.10". The following winter came in at 36.5".   Next is 1980-81 at 3.20" followed by 34.5" in 81-82.   2016-17 yielded 4.50" followed by 18.4" in 17-18.  2001- 02 came in with 5.50" followed by 35.50" in 02-03.

Yea but that just meant you’re due to have back to back awful years! 

• Sad 1

• H2O unpinned this topic