• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    hubric
    Newest Member
    hubric
George BM

April Discobs 2020

Some hefty returns down in Howard county/ Mont .  But probably too warm there . Maybe places like Clarksburg or Damascus with some elevation can get some wet flakes 

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Some hefty returns down in Howard county/ Mont .  But probably too warm there . Maybe places like Clarksburg or Damascus with some elevation can get some wet flakes 

Hard to say "it's a shame about snow near the cities in mid-April, but it is a really nice band setting up in Hoco that would have really come down fast and furious for a short time. I'm still in the upper 40's though, so quite far from any snow here.

Temperatures are crashing under that band.  Some folks in the northern counties are going to get a slushy accumulation.  Although it'll probably melt before sunrise.

4 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

Hard to say "it's a shame about snow near the cities in mid-April, but it is a really nice band setting up in Hoco that would have really come down fast and furious for a short time. I'm still in the upper 40's though, so quite far from any snow here.

It's been a nice distraction tracking this...though we knew it was low chance for all of us . I was hoping to see a brief period of wet snow and I believe I would have with rates . Inside the beltways is always a uphill battle even in winter that's for sure 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

It's been a nice distraction tracking this...though we knew it was low chance for all of us . I was hoping to see a brief period of wet snow and I believe I would have with rates . 

We could have. But so much has to go right this late. Need a rare cold airmass. Then need rates. And likely need it to be at night. We got 2/3. Oh well

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

We could have. But so much has to go right this late. Need a rare cold airmass. Then need rates. And likely need it to be at night. We got 2/3. Oh well

That last band west of Gettysburg is our best shot maby ...but I'll be asleep :lol:

Just now, Inverted_Trough said:

It's legit moderate snow out near Hagerstown with some accumulation on mulch and cars.

Thats that band I was referring to ...nice!

Isn't even raining hard in the Howard county band. It's some melting layer crap fooling the radar.

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

Looks like a winter wonderland. I’m over winter at this point — would prefer 60s and full sun over this.

31 with light snow. 0.6” so far.

c71f8d99fe1ca673835eda80c8e5e4cb.jpg&key=289e83b7392972eee7eb30724f7388fda8d62e83c019a5bc66e69c67bf33ea2d

Did you reach over an inch?

1 hour ago, NorthArlington101 said:

feel like I might be saying a flake in between raindrops, mPING suggests it’s possible. I’ll probably never know!

I'm slant eyeing it and saying.. yes! I see flakes. 39 degrees in the potato garden. 

My phone says its 36 with rain/snow right now... I guess it could be... but I'm not going to stand outside at 4am looking for a snowflake lol

3 minutes ago, yoda said:

My phone says its 36 with rain/snow right now... I guess it could be... but I'm not going to stand outside at 4am looking for a snowflake lol

I went outside.  There are some splotchy rain drops.  But like the rest of our winter it’s underwhelming.  36 here.  Meh

Might have seen a couple tiny globby flakes on my way to work.  Its butt chilly out tho.

18 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

Had a light accumulation last night in Smithsburg. Gone now lol.

Same here....a decent roof/car topper.  Ridge tops were frosted on the way to work this morning...

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

It was the 34 when I left this am but no precip :D. Not sure what it did after 10:45 last night 

It was snowing when I went to bed. No accumulation though. 

• Like 2

Saw flakes on the security cameras.

Nothing really unusual for April here though.

I believe it was mid April 2014 where we were near 80 and the next evening we had a coating on the deck.  Quarter inch even.

But it's spring, the forsythias are green and buds are popping everywhere.  Time to start thinking ahead for 20-21 winter.

Maybe we'll see some legit tropical or if we have a real heatwave another derecho.  We missed out on that one here but the lightshow was fun.

Nam 3k only gets the northern tier to low 40s tomorrow with a snow shower right over Carroll county early afternoon :snowing:

nam-nest-conus-dc-refc_ptype-7060000.png

Should be some frosts and freezes the next few mornings in the typical spots. 

• Weenie 1