• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bostonseminole

March 12/13/14 Blizzard/Winter Storm/WWA etc

Just now, KoalaBeer said:

What would you say you have on the ground? Saw on the news 15" in Dracut but I got 9.5" here in Methuen right on the Dracut line. Been sitting barely outside that heavy band all day but really starting to rip now. Wondering if the gradient is that tight from here to Nashua. 

I was taking measurements this AM when I was about 2-2.5" behind Ray. Haven't taken a legit measurement since then, but I'd wager we're pretty close to Ray since the returns had been generally heavier this afternoon. He's also only 6 or 7 miles to my southeast. I'm guessing about 18".

Ray, what are you at? 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Just getting crushed in Lowell under 35dBZ returns. Starting to worry about the white pines. Boughs are nearly touching the ground, that's usually when the upper ones start to give. 

Wind is pretty light, 29.2/28.

I’ve got some 15 foot cedars in my yard that the entire top half is just bent all the way over. I shoveled them all off the best I could before the snow started, but I think the tops are lost. Probably a few years of growth :(

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

Maybe around 5". Bleh.

Central CT missed out to the bands east and west. But you guys will probably jackpot on the next storm.

24 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

495-128 band is just rotting and absolutely destroying a good chunk of interior E MA

Mar13_431pmRadar.gif

2 feet seems doable if we're not already there.

Time for BOS to cash in now...looks like its finally getting there. That 128-495 zone just continues to get nuked

Mar13_512pmRadar.gif

I think we catch up to you guys later tonight when the death band reaches us I hope it strengthens and stalls over the Cape for about two to three hours then I could get to two feet and not call this a waste of a storm

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BRSno said:

At least here the pixie dust has piled on. I eye-balled so don't take my word for it, but it looks like it.

Much better rates now-moderate to heavy snow.  Flake size still mundane bit things are increasing in ability to pile up.