• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

I am in Westerly, RI (pretty close to downtown) at 72 feet, about 3.5 miles as the crow flies from the Atlantic. I have my weather station mounted on top of my roof (26 feet) above my elevation of 72 feet. Currently 18 degrees with 61% humidity and the first flakes are now falling albeit very lightly. Average wind speed is 12mph, gusting to 19mph. Expecting around 18" here with winds gusting around 60 or so. Should be awesome. I'll keep you guys updated.

Awesome, I'm probably quite close. I'm on school st near the top of the hill.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome, I'm probably quite close. I'm on school st near the top of the hill.

im on Spring Street right near Cross Street! My work is right at Granite and School Street (the big lime green tractor trailors)!

Snow picking up here, still light but now steady instead of just flurries. Temp up to 25 degrees, DP of 22 with humidity of 85%. Winds picking up now to 16mph sustained out of the NNE with gust up to 26mph right now.

Finally made it to your neck of the woods! :) I'm currently sitting in my truck at the Scituate lighthouse on Cedar Point...trying to fully restore feeling to my fingers.

Also, I'm trying to determine whether just to stay here and film from the "Point", or go a little further south to either Marshfield (at the point there) or to Plymouth-where winds are forecast to be above HF?

Archived