• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Here's a little local news for everyone. Haven't seen this mentioned by news outlets!

Just heard from a friend that they are forcing people to evacuate flood prone areas of Scituate (02066).

Guess it was a good idea to leave hull. I am only feet above sea level there.

My aunt said her door that blew off was not a flimsy one but a sturdy heavy door

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a little local news for everyone. Haven't seen this mentioned by news outlets!

Just heard from a friend that they are forcing people to evacuate flood prone areas of Scituate (02066).

That is precisely the case there. I couldn't get a hotel in town, so I had to move 5 miles up the coastline to the Cohasset Harbour Inn. I have the perfect spot with my patio directly facing the incoming swell and NE howling/moaning winds.

As you already stated, a lot of the guests at the hotel are evacuees from both Scituate and Cohasset...both anticipating big time overwash and flooding of some front row houses on those east-facing beaches. Evacuation shelters are already opened for the aforementioned reasons.

I'm hearing talk of a likely travel ban being instituted, as well. Still going to try to make the perilous drive back to Scituate by sunrise. Worst case, I'm very fortunate to have the room in Cohasset.

That is precisely the case there. I couldn't get a hotel in town, so I had to move 5 miles up the coastline to the Cohasset Harbour Inn. I have the perfect spot with my patio directly facing the incoming swell and NE howling/moaning winds.

As you already stated, a lot of the guests at the hotel are evacuees from both Scituate and Cohasset...both anticipating big time overwash and flooding of some front row houses on those east-facing beaches. Evacuation shelters are already opened for the aforementioned reasons.

I'm hearing talk of a likely travel ban being instituted, as well. Still going to try to make the perilous drive back to Scituate by sunrise. Worst case, I'm very fortunate to have the room in Cohasset.

Ncforecaster , where are/were you staying. Marshfield will look like a bomb went off near the ocean if you want pics there as well. Big big damage incoming.

Note: sorry for this duplicate post. My phone wouldn't allow me to amend the previous post that didn't "quote", properly.

I was planning on going to Marshfield, but locals and media suggested Scituate was likely going to be more devastated, so to speak.

I decided to drive to Scituate first to scout it out in hopes of driving up hwy. 3 (along the coast) to gather footage from both locations. I couldn't get a hotel on either Scituate, Marshfield, or Plymouth. ..which is why I'm currently in Cohasset.

I just walked home from work and snow is increasing noticeably. Visibility is dropping and when that band make it here we should have fun. Radar seems indicate that I'm getting a ton of ocean enhancement prior to the big stuff. Moderate snow now.

Yes, there is very clear ocean enhancement near BOS and even metrowest as the snow shield moves NNW...you can easily see the individual enhanced elements moving in from the ocean within the snow shield.

Jan26_8pm_Radar.gif

Just got an automated call from Town Manager..saying they are expecting hurricane force winds.. I mean that is maddening. They said they are expecting many downed wires..WTF..maddening

Mayor Slifka in West Hartford was a little more restrained in his phone call.....still youve got some elevation on me so theres that....good luck...

I was planning on going to Marshfield, but locals and media suggested Scituate was likely going to be more devastated, so to speak.

I decided to drive to Scituate first to scout it out in hopes of driving up hwy. 3 (along the coast) to gather footage from both locations. I couldn't get a hotel on either Scituate, Marshfield, or Plymouth. ..which is why I'm currently in Cohasset.

where in Cohasset, i.e How close to water

Archived