joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Basically its a little wet consistency wise, temps around 30F, winds howling out of the NE or NNE, surface low is further east now down to 992mb several hundred miles northeast of HSE.  Satellite imagery suggests this is so.  They are gusty winds.  Heavy snow is consistently falling down.

IF you were up for the euro Play by Play last nite it Had this wider turn right  with low pressure that we are seeing right now.(and NYC weenies initially wanted to jump off the George Washington Bridge, Then it started to turn NNE then N then slightly NW at end and crushed them ....so lets wait and watch to see if that 5H low is gonna close soon....

http://www.spc.noaa.gov/exper/mesoanalysis/new/viewsector.php?sector=16&parm=700mb&underlay=1&source=1#

The closing of the 5H low sooner is why Euro Had captured the Low sooner....and that is still on the table IMO

Looks like we'll be on the low end of the accumulation totals based on radar and what's OTG Here. We probably have a couple of inches so far. Hopefully some of those stronger bands to my south make it up here.

the storm's in its INFANCY nothing was suppose to be up there other than light snows now or for next hour or two

Basically its a little wet consistency wise, temps around 30F, winds howling out of the NE or NNE, surface low is further east now down to 992mb several hundred miles northeast of HSE.  Satellite imagery suggests this is so.  They are gusty winds.  Heavy snow is consistently falling down.

WV imagery really shows the northward movement swinging toward the west.  A beautiful thing for a lot of folks.

The real good stuff doesn't hit most of SNE until after 06z.

Will You have any guesses as to what timing the 5H low will close will be...(when did euro fully close 5H on 12z?)

Seems the 12z Euro today almost closed it sooner.....but didn't fully close to later? and perhaps that is why deform wasn't as impressive over NE NJ/NYC SE NY? at it's prior runs

I think the more Amped Euro Runs closed 5H over Delaware

When will CNN realize NYC is not going to see the brunt of the snow tonight? If it wasn't for their reporter in Montauk, their coverage would be laughable. They blew their chance to send their top anchors east, conditions too poor now.

Yeah...I had to turn it off. Total snoozefest. 

Some intensifying 30 DBZ returns starting to pop up over LIS just to my SE and headed this way. So far pretty happy with how things are shaping up over the eastern 2/3 of CT for tonight.

Archived