• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

I'm a "little" worried Will.  I think this one may escape far enough NE now that tomorrow isn't the snowmageddon of OES I was hoping for.  I can't just toss the RGEM like NCEP. 

You think the Euro is going to be that far off this close in ....no

7H closed at 930....This thing is so negatively tilted....i'm just hoping it doesn't close off 5H in next two hours lol

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not sure why people are ready to cutback totals, it's still super early. I live across the street from the Boston Common so i'll go down and measure in a bit. anyone know if Cantore is there now?

RI, and eastern mass is on track so far......only people who need to be worried are in central/west conn, and it remains to be seen how far north the heaviest accumulations get.

No big deal,  that 2-4" it has out here would be about 20% of my low end forecast totals.  lol

That would be a far worse bust than Boxing Day here.  RPM probably a little underdone for C & W MA.

Not that I'm thinking that happens at all.  I'm still all in for minimum of a foot here but probably more.  Anything over 12" is gravy.

It's always difficult to get the most snow in westerly, new london etc.......even when it's an all snow event that hugs the coast.

always seems that way from what I hear from people. Every meso model that I see on TV has the lightest snow right over Westerly. Not even snowing that hard right now. About 3/4 to 1mi visibility. I'm trying not to weenie out and say I don't think its gonna be such an amazing storm here as it will be in SE Mass but I think there's definitley going to be some to my N and E that double my totals. Hope I'm wrong.

always seems that way from what I hear from people. Every meso model that I see on TV has the lightest snow right over Westerly. Not even snowing that hard right now. About 3/4 to 1mi visibility. I'm trying not to weenie out and say I don't think its gonna be such an amazing storm here as it will be in SE Mass but I think there's definitley going to be some to my N and E that double my totals. Hope I'm wrong.

I have about 4 inches here. But you aren't far from Wakefield which is the jackpot in this general area so far.

You think the Euro is going to be that far off this close in ....no

7H closed at 930....This thing is so negatively tilted....i'm just hoping it doesn't close off 5H in next two hours lol

What I think is I'm going out to shovel and enjoy the snow.  What I also think is with the NAM now where our "other" models were earlier, and the RGEM basically wrapping up the serious snows at lunch tomorrow EVEN in coastal MA.....many may want to avert their eyes as the rest of the suite rolls in.

What I think is I'm going out to shovel and enjoy the snow. What I also think is with the NAM now where our "other" models were earlier, and the RGEM basically wrapping up the serious snows at lunch tomorrow EVEN in coastal MA.....many may want to avert their eyes as the rest of the suite rolls in.

That's what I said. That rgem run looked more progressive. Hopefully it's just a hiccup. The NAM solution was much better and showed a solid stall further south and east. Now inside 12 hours you'd have to give the NAM some level of viability

Archived