• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

Yes, I think he's on Rt 3 at the moment...

Pulled into Radisson in Plymouth harbor....they are sorta protected by small barrier islands...he should take 3 south about 3 miles to rocky hill rd, then to taylor ave. Right at the point will full NNE exposure to swell and wind for maximum destruction

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About an inch in ORH...just a bit more. Patiently waiting for the goods to the southeast.

Jan26_838pm_Radar.gif

That does a much better job highlighting the moderate snow advancing into CT than the COD radar view I've been looking at. Much easier to see those deepening green colors where snow intensity is increasing. Looks much more uniform on the COD radar. 

In my mind I've gone back and forth. I could see it breaking either way. If you had gun at my knee Id say 22-25

They probably should have kept you in the 24-36.  I think adjusting out the Euro...you end up very close as does Will and Steve to the jack.

I could be wrong, but I expect the sw edge of the heaviest stuff later tonight to be further NE and that'll help you.  Instead of where it is on this map, halfway or more towards the black line.

I don't think there's any doubt this thing is running a line east of say the NAM..and maybe Euro.

MwOxgJQ.jpg

I think you're on drugs if you look at that radar and think NYC doesn't get the goods.

Let them go Jay, lost sailors.

Only about .25" mostly shattered baby powder here so far but can see the better stuff getting closer. Wind howling up high, gonna' be a b**ch to accurately measure tomorrow.

18/14 nice to see DP come up a bit. NE wind around 10mph which is high for these parts but as I said howling up high.

Archived