joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank God because it's really pretty sucky at this point.  :)

Breezy though.  Measurements will be tough to come by.

Part of what is making it seem that way is the putrid snow growth.  Basically baking powder flakes.  I just walked the dog and when your standing under a street light or in the dark with a flashlight it's coming down pretty good but it's micro-flakes mixing with some larger dendrites. We are just getting going but I need to catch some sleep soon.

Part of what is making it seem that way is the putrid snow growth.  Basically baking powder flakes.  I just walked the dog and when your standing under a street light or in the dark with a flashlight it's coming down pretty good but it's micro-flakes mixing with some larger dendrites. We are just getting going but I need to catch some sleep soon.

Likewise.  I don't need to stay up for this crap.  I'll come down at 5:00 and hopefully be awed.

Have a good night folks.

Will You have any guesses as to what timing the 5H low will close will be...(when did euro fully close 5H on 12z?)

Seems the 12z Euro today almost closed it sooner.....but didn't fully close to later? and perhaps that is why deform wasn't as impressive over NE NJ/NYC SE NY? at it's prior runs

I think the more Amped Euro Runs closed 5H over Delaware

They close it around 09z...its the location more than anything...the further east closing off and capture is what makes all the difference for those on the edge. But for a lot of SNE, it isn't a huge deal.

They close it around 09z...its the location more than anything...the further east closing off and capture is what makes all the difference for those on the edge. But for a lot of SNE, it isn't a huge deal.

I heard some mention the 12z euro "shoved" great dynamics and Energy into SNE , and was the reason for the 1"+ qpf between 6z and 12z .....i'm trying to understand what caused that shift....was it separate from the further east/later close?

I'm a "little" worried Will.  I think this one may escape far enough NE now that tomorrow isn't the snowmageddon of OES I was hoping for.  I can't just toss the RGEM like NCEP. 

Archived