joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 26-28 Blizzard Observations/Nowcast

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guessing around an inch by looking out the window but will measure on the snowboard in a bit when I go out to take the dog for a walk. Snowing what I'd call light to moderate. Temp has continued to rise here to 28 degrees. Dew Point of 27. Humidity is 96 percent. Winds are up to 17mph sustained gusting to 28. Starting to get pretty nasty out and pretty stoked for that band about to roll in from Block Island.

Just got an automated call from Town Manager..saying they are expecting hurricane force winds.. I mean that is maddening. They said they are expecting many downed wires..WTF..maddening

I doubt there will be much of power issues inland.    The wind will keep the light fluffy snow from building on branches, and the impact gusts on leafless branches is relatively small.

Picking up in intensity and best flakes yet.

14.4/11

Vis coming down now with steadier snow. Man that's a sweet radar look. About to head north to work and stay overnight at a hotel. :(

I'll let you know how things go here, no way I'll be able to sleep once this thing gets cranking tonight. Can't believe it's already coming down so well.

i left nyc up 91 this morning....would have loved to have stayed but couldnt afford to be trapped for the week.....

the blizzard signs were epic.

thanks to all those posting pics and radar shots......watching from a distance, I will enjoy following the storm with you guys, all the best may the snow gods be with you.... :snowing:

Archived