-
Posts
11,972 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Blogs
Forums
American Weather
Media Demo
Store
Gallery
Everything posted by Brewbeer
-
the difference is one is wishcasting, the other is forecasting 53/47 with clear sunny skies
-
I guess it's possible to believe that, if you've bought into all the brown lobby talking points perhaps you should consider looking under the hood more at the whole story
-
unskilled labor in the US is not expensive and our environmental and human rights protections have been substantially degraded over the past 2 years under a similarly tyrannical regime the petroleum business receives vastly bigger subsidies than renewables no it's not, i live in a house that has a solar energy system on the roof that produces more electricity on average than I use wind farms can be built near the coast; the coasts are where population is most concentrated
-
we are working on that, but commercial fusion on a public grid is still at least a decade away if you are referring to fission reactors, lots of those being built around the world; but in the US the folks that have money to invest in energy generation know financial risk vs. reward doesn't pencil compared to other energy investments like renewables
-
@Skivt2
-
correction: when it's 33, that cold; when it's 70, that's not cold
-
the word at the local farmer's market is that freshly ripened tomatoes and peppers will be available from that hill through December
-
Fire on the Mountain
-
the waiting is the hardest part
-
42/36 this morning
-
51/51F, sun if peaking through as the morning fog finally lifts
-
Stop clicking on them and they will stop showing up in your feed.
-
the garage is not wide enough, so it needs to be super orderly to fit 2 cars. I built shelving and hanging points for stuff so 2 cars (barely) fit. keeping a bunch of next to worthless junk occupying a garage space when a 20 or $30K vehicle sits in the driveway getting pummeled by the weather is a mindset I don't understand currently 50/50F, off a morning low of 47
-
apparently some disagree; my wife was happy, this is her car: I also did the silver Accord; that didn't need as much paint
-
-
I mowed over most of mine but I got it done ! except for the back
-
Do you recommend a Rt. 2 drive to North Adams for lunch? come back on Rt. 116? might be scenic ...
-
I agree with this (I'm not an energy met but watch prices closely) folks should also fill up petroleum storage tanks now, if they have them an easy tell on the direction of energy prices is the direction of military action/engagement in the middle east; with this administration falling short of it's goals and more firepower on the way right now, it appears more likely that more military action is coming and as long as that's the story, energy prices are going to continue to climb, and eventually choke the economy, and that is the "nuclear" option Iran holds right now and is fully deploying if i knew anything about trading energy futures I'd be looking at them right now as a quick way to make potentially big money over then next 6-12 months; one potential big play is a strong Gulf hurricane that disrupts production and refining in that area; with the current crunch for refined products (record high crack spread) any further disruption of refining capacity across the globe is going to have an immediate and observable upward impact on all things oil, and by extension, energy
-
it's also funny because it's effective many weak weenies in this forum
-
lawn is def. not stressed, hope we get to mow late today
-
it was too wet to mow this week; hope we can get that done today, lawn's getting super long with all the rain and ideal growing conditions
-
we have the farmer's market on Thursday, too
-
looks like a low of 58 here
-
mine did not dry out and i could not mow
-
old fashioned and behind the times? lol ! I might me a few years older than you, but I'm fairly certain based on what you've posted on these forums over the years that you are way more "old fashioned" and way more "behind the times" my thermo is one of those alcohol filled jobbers. Mercury is extremely toxic to anything alive and leaving a mercury filled thermometer exposed in the environment is a bad idea I don't have a weather station yet, but would like to get one. If I get one, I will site the sensors where they they belong; I sure won't mount the temp sensor next to the grill on my deck like yours. Torch !
