gopenoxfox
    Newest Member
    gopenoxfox
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was once a comp sci/engineering major. Those were dark days.

lol. That's the path I took. Python is cool, at least the philosophy of it. I never got the chance to play with it. I did mostly C++ in school. One of the courses I teach now is programming for industrial control/automation...all logic based stuff, but very intuitive, readable, and never convoluted if done well. Works well for the electrical engineer.

Nice sunny cold day today. Temps in the 30s. Heavy rain tomorrow, temps in the mid forties. Had just over an inch Monday following days of subfreezing temps. Looks like a solid inch for here again tomorrow. Need to break this persistent pattern...

I am sure we will get our -AO/-NAO combo sometime in March. April will rock, with more cold rain... and Cohen can claim victory.

What is the effect of -AO / -NAO during the summer months?  At least at this point we can still hope for that.

Pretty much the opposite of the effects during winter.  Instead of having cold in the south and warm over Canada you have warm across the south and cold across the north. We're in the zone where we're close to the above normal temps of the south but tend to be near normal but when we get warm can get downright hot. 

What is the effect of -AO / -NAO during the summer months?  At least at this point we can still hope for that.

I thought I remember a pro met on here once saying that it has the opposite effect in spring and summer... so we would be much hotter than average. So you would want a +AO/+NAO in the summer months. But I may be remembering wrong.

Edit: Wes just beat me to it... so I guess I'm remembering right then.

As far as sensible weather here in the summer, it doesn't seem to matter too much in general. Our Subtropical climate really dominates once summer gets established.

It would be fine with me if the epo ridge flexes again this summer. That's one of the easy ways to get continental air in here during the sweat missile months.

I think that's what I'll do in the future. All my updated thoughts will go in the latest outlook thread until I post a new one the following week.

Please do Wes. I'm out on the long-range thread for now. It's become d5+ op run analysis only. That's not how it works. Especially if we do move into fast/amplified ns flow.

Archived