12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

who knows? The naysayers and skeptics may end up being right. I think the irritation comes from not letting things play out at least till where we get to a point where we can reasonably discount things.

That's probably my only sore spot. Using op runs beyond to way beyond their useful range to determine posting mood gets under my skin a little. It's not how it works.

who knows?  The naysayers and skeptics may end up being right.  I think the irritation comes from not letting things play out at least till where we get to a point where we can reasonably discount things.  

Precisely.  This place was just about all yippy-skippy yesterday with what the Euro had for the possible coastal late next week and what the overall pattern was shaping up to look like beyond that.  With good reason, I think.  And I'll be the first to admit I was one of those, being a snow weenie at heart, myself!  But then today, a complete 180 in many comments and some near cliff-jumping because the 00Z and 06Z cycles looked kinda meh or even worse.  I won't deny feeling disappointed at what things looked like early this morning.  Partly because the inconsistency is frustrating, which makes it harder to get a good picture of things.  But it's not worth tearing of hair and gnashing of teeth yet.  Could it all cr&p the bed in the end?  Sure.  But we don't really know that's a definite right now.  Things could also start looking really good again too.

I'm not being all that serious. Just tossing bombs mostly.

I'm not a real long ranger anyways. I'll never make a seasonal or even monthly call because I don't want something bothering me for weeks on end. Getting it wrong is exponentially easier than getting it right. Odds are too poor to play the game.

The only long range call I'll make right now is that the -EPO isn't going anywhere for a while and it will be the primary driver of our sensible wx for probably the next month. It may wax and wane but I highly doubt it fizzles. I'll leave the AO up to Dr Cohen.

How did you end up in the Rockies for 10 years?

I need to spend a few years in some winter dream land...

I was an avid skier from about 12 years old. Did a trip to steamboat and Alta in high school and freaked out. During college I went to Copper Mountain and Vail because a high school friend moved out there when he was 18. Told me to take a year off of life after college and join him. So I did. And a 1 year plan turned into 7. Best 7 years of my life. The collective damage to my body told me to knock it off or else so I moved back. Never a serious injury (still not sure how I avoided that) but torn rotators and MCL in my knee was enough.

The funny thing is you will still get bummed and complain during bad years or months out there. Biggest year was 95-96 with 450" on the mountain and it STILL wasn't enough. It's never enough.

Archived