Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New Years Eve is yet another one of our great overrated 'holidays'. I'll stay inside tonight to avoid drunk drivers and other aholes that can't handle their alcohol. 

Also, I had a dream last night that we saw no snow for the remainder of the winter season and then it torched in April with highs in the 90s. Awesome!

New Years Eve is yet another one of our great overrated 'holidays'. I'll stay inside tonight to avoid drunk drivers and other aholes that can't handle their alcohol.

Also, I had a dream last night that we saw no snow for the remainder of the winter season and then it torched in April with highs in the 90s. Awesome!

New Year's Eve is amateur hour and a(nother) reason for young people to get hammered. I used to love it, but I don't think I've "celebrated" it in four or five years. Funny enough, that was when friends started having kids!

New Year's Eve is amateur hour and a(nother) reason for young people to get hammered. I used to love it, but I don't think I've "celebrated" it in four or five years. Funny enough, that was when friends started having kids!

I'm sure there's a direct correlation between folks having kids and losing interest in the holiday. I'm also sure folks then regain interest in it when the kids have aged.....at least to the point of having 'at home' NYE parties. I have 0 interest in it right now. I think we're getting crappy chinese food for dinner and chillin'. 

Seems like everyone I know has at least one person in their family who's sick. We've been dealing with it the last couple weeks. Sucks...

There's been some really nasty crap going around the past couple of months, that's for sure.  Dry air doesn't help much either.  Our daughter missed a week of school back in November (nasty cold that ended up with strep).

Agree!  I think I've actually gone out only once or twice on New Year's Eve itself many years ago with some friends.  For the most part, I just stay home and make it an at-home sort of party.  Most of the time in the past few years, I don't even really make it staying up through midnight.  New Year's Day is fun...at least with all the bowl games (go FSU!!!  Though I have a feeling the Ducks will win big over the Seminoles.)

Wow, that's quite a dream (or nightmare?) you had!  Actually, this December I have not seen much more than a few flakes of snow, if that (honestly can't recall).  Maybe a few sleet pellets at one point as well.  Seriously.  It's been a complete and utter shut-out and no-hitter.

New Years is only a reminder that you've aged another year.  No thanks.

I never liked it, but it was lots of fun in my early 20s for obvious reasons.  No longer leading the young and single lifestyle, I prefer to stay at home and relax.  Bit of an issue at times, however, since New Years Eve is the official start of mine and my wife's relationship (exactly at midnight).  Very fond of that New Years.  We usually go out for dinner and toast a glass at midnight.  

Safe and Happy New Years to everyone.  Cheers.

NYE.. I'm way past the going out, getting drunk and feeling like crap the next day, routine. And kids had nothing to do with that!

Going to try something new this year. Early dinner, followed by a movie for NYE. Thinking of either Night at the Museum or St. Vincent, since ending the year with some laughter is better than ending it with drama and/or tears.

Has anyone gone to the movies on NYE? I'm wondering what size of crowds (if any) to expect.

Signs of middle age when you work out 5 days a week and that's only apparently good enough to maintain current weight. 

When I gain a couple pounds I go on the salad, soup, fruit etc diet for several days to get back to normal. It's when things steamroll.....extra 5lbs....then 10lbs.....15lbs+.....all goes to hell.

There's been some really nasty crap going around the past couple of months, that's for sure.  Dry air doesn't help much either.  Our daughter missed a week of school back in November (nasty cold that ended up with strep).

Agree!  I think I've actually gone out only once or twice on New Year's Eve itself many years ago with some friends.  For the most part, I just stay home and make it an at-home sort of party.  Most of the time in the past few years, I don't even really make it staying up through midnight.  New Year's Day is fun...at least with all the bowl games (go FSU!!!  Though I have a feeling the Ducks will win big over the Seminoles.)

Wow, that's quite a dream (or nightmare?) you had!  Actually, this December I have not seen much more than a few flakes of snow, if that (honestly can't recall).  Maybe a few sleet pellets at one point as well.  Seriously.  It's been a complete and utter shut-out and no-hitter.

Yeah, we haven't gone out in years. Just don't want to be bothered. My wife likes to have the kids with us on New Year's Eve so usually just a few people come over. It will be nice to have some meaningful Bowl games again on New Year's day.

Archived