joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since there's some sports talk in here...FSU sure embarrassed themselves in the Rose Bowl the other day (went there for my Master's years ago).  Oy! :bag:   Now I knew they did not have nearly as good a team as last year and they were hanging on the edge all season, so maybe that result was not unexpected.  Despite the lopsided score, they deserved a spot in the 4 team playoff (being the only undefeated team going in).  However, before the game I seriously thought it would be a closely played high scoring shootout or an Oregon blowout.  Well, it was a blowout!

Very well played game by the Ducks, but the Seminoles did a lot of it to themselves in the 2nd half.  You simply don't give up 5 turnovers in the space of a quarter or so and expect to even be close.  Still think Oregon would have probably won without the FSU implosion, but that didn't help.  Well, the good news is, it saved a lot of heartache that a very close game might have had.  The other good news is that Alabama isn't in the championship (with apologies to any Tide fans out there)!  Should be a good matchup, Ducks vs. Bucks, not sure who to pull for, but hope it's a good one.

Since there's some sports talk in here...FSU sure embarrassed themselves in the Rose Bowl the other day (went there for my Master's years ago).  Oy! :bag:   Now I knew they did not have nearly as good a team as last year and they were hanging on the edge all season, so maybe that result was not unexpected.  Despite the lopsided score, they deserved a spot in the 4 team playoff (being the only undefeated team going in).  However, before the game I seriously thought it would be a closely played high scoring shootout or an Oregon blowout.  Well, it was a blowout!

Very well played game by the Ducks, but the Seminoles did a lot of it to themselves in the 2nd half.  You simply don't give up 5 turnovers in the space of a quarter or so and expect to even be close.  Still think Oregon would have probably won without the FSU implosion, but that didn't help.  Well, the good news is, it saved a lot of heartache that a very close game might have had.  The other good news is that Alabama isn't in the championship (with apologies to any Tide fans out there)!  Should be a good matchup, Ducks vs. Bucks, not sure who to pull for, but hope it's a good one.

oregon might be hungry for their 1st national title

oregon might be hungry for their 1st national title

They definitely are, and played like a well-oiled machine.  I expect they'll beat OSU, but I believe the Buckeyes will be much better disciplined than Florida State was.  Actually think they'll provide more competition than Alabama would have if they had won.  Should be a good one.

I put up the Christmas lights while wearing shorts, and will be taking them down while wearing short sleeves. Love it!

Yeah its springlike out. I need to get this damn tree un-decorated. But I am watching football and enjoying this Southern Tier MOKAH Stout. Effin tree can wait.

Any combo of Cowboys/Packers vs Denver/New England will be a very nice Super Bowl.

You can forget Denver. Manning is a post season failure and now he has a noodle arm, and their defense is average. Pats are much better, if they can take down the Ravens. Seattle will win the NFC.

Archived