Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh Ian.

Relax, nobody's angry. I mean, I hate your team, but I'm certainly not angry. I'd rather be the trolled in this situation than the trollee.

Wasn't really referring to you. Twitter is still reeling from 'the fix'.

That part makes even less sense at this point IMO.  They've done nothing for so long........ not sure why there are still legions of haters out there. 

Most of it is all in fun...rivalries, etc.  Most people don't want to go out and kill Cowboys or their fans.    I think Cowboys fan are pretty obnoxious though.  I mean, all fans are, but yall ratchet it up a notch.   

Sports conjures up so much irrationality and anger it's hard to fully understand.

It's not really sports. Fan mentality is a weird human quirk that applies to many things. Apple vs android. Playstation vs Xbox. LA vs NYC. Dems vs Libs. Mercedes vs BMW. Ford vs GM. The list is endless. Humans are weird.

Most of it is all in fun...rivalries, etc.  Most people don't want to go out and kill Cowboys or their fans.    I think Cowboys fan are pretty obnoxious though.  I mean, all fans are, but yall ratchet it up a notch.   

Of course but it's still peculiar to me. Maybe I wasn't socialized right as a child (doubt this is the first sign!). For one I never go out of my way to attack people for the team they like.

It's not really sports. Fan mentality is a weird human quirk that applies to many things. Apple vs android. Playstation vs Xbox. LA vs NYC. Dems vs Libs. Mercedes vs BMW. Ford vs GM. The list is endless. Humans are weird.

Also true.

No doubt in my mind that way too many people will think it was. 

Oh there seems to be quite a few people who believe the ratings angle or otherwise.  I was totally confused as to how it ended up not being a pass interference but again we're taking extra leaps in assuming it would have made the Lions win and bad calls have happened throughout all of history.

Wasn't really referring to you. Twitter is still reeling from 'the fix'.

In all that madness, dez Bryant ran onto the field to argue the call when the flag up pulled. That should've been an instant 15 yard personal foul as well. Bad calls do happen and the Lions had the ball with the shot to win and blew it. However, hard to overlook that the Lions it should've had a first down inside the 15 yard line at that point. There was also the missed holding call whenThe other running back got held by the Lions. That right tackle really had him wrapped up in a clear hold

Of course but it's still peculiar to me. Maybe I wasn't socialized right as a child (doubt this is the first sign!). For one I never go out of my way to attack people for the team they like.

Message boards for college teams are even worse. Vicious attacks and mob mentality. Hard to believe people can have that much hate and it's not only college kids.

In all that madness, dez Bryant ran onto the field to argue the call when the flag up pulled. That should've been an instant 15 yard personal foul as well. Bad calls do happen and the Lions had the ball with the shot to win and blew it. However, hard to overlook that the Lions it should've had a first down inside the 15 yard line at that point. There was also the missed holding call whenThe other running back got held by the Lions. That right tackle really had him wrapped up in a clear hold

Going down the missed call thing can be tricky too tho. I think instant replay and all that tech has made people want a perfectly officiated game more than in the past.. apparently still difficult.  I mean if I was a Lions fan I'd be kinda pissed too but such is life. Given how they played the second half I'll assume they could have gotten a FG and would have lost by 1 instead of 4. ;)

Letter of the law and you're right; however, that rule is rarely enforced.  See every turnover or touchdown where players on the bench greet players in celebration coming off the field.  Happens every time and is never, ever called.  Refs allow a lot of latitude with players and coaches walking off the sidelines and onto the field.  

Going down the missed call thing can be tricky too tho. I think instant replay and all that tech has made people want a perfectly officiated game more than in the past.. apparently still difficult.  I mean if I was a Lions fan I'd be kinda pissed too but such is life. Given how they played the second half I'll assume they could have gotten a FG and would have lost by 1 instead of 4. ;)

Its the Lions, they would have missed the FG.

A lot of uproar for a game where neither team had a chance to make it past next weekend. 

Archived