joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw 3 Buffleheads on Hopkins Creek today.

I wouldn't have noticed them if this big guy hadn't caught my eye swooping across the water to perch/hunt.

Sorry for the bad pic. Bald Eagles require a zoom lens...

Waterfowl lacking this year. I saw a couple hundred of the scaups/buffleheads out on the water in November but with the warmer temperatures in December i haven't seen much around. I saw 4 buffleheads out on the Patapsco today with 3 unknown waterfowl flying  maybe scaups/buffleheads? 

Hey wxusaf what was wrong with my first post in the long range thread? Only winter cheerleading allowed?

Not to mention it was a legit post lol.

Believe it or not, I'm not the only person who hides posts in this subforum.  And if it's after 10pm, you can probably assume it's not me.  So ask one of the others. 

Umm guys, website issues again. Clicked this page and all my tabs were taken to home beauty sites. Anyone else just get that?

Lol I was waiting on the GFS to show me some clipper love and the next thing I knew I was looking at makeup products...

Had that on my IPAD last night about the same time. However, no issues when I switched to the PC.

Go #nomoreturbulance. Flying home from family vacation in Hawaii and between the intense LP and trailing front that arrived today (or yesterday at this point - who knows) and the angry pacific ocean, the pilot commanded all flight attendants to take their seats for the first 3.5 hours of the flight. The shaking was so intense I began wondering for hours how much more turbulence my aircraft could take before it shook itself apart. It was genuinely scary. Now in Seattle enroute National Airport. Hope for smoother air!

Go #nomoreturbulance. Flying home from family vacation in Hawaii and between the intense LP and trailing front that arrived today (or yesterday at this point - who knows) and the angry pacific ocean, the pilot commanded all flight attendants to take their seats for the first 3.5 hours of the flight. The shaking was so intense I began wondering for hours how much more turbulence my aircraft could take before it shook itself apart. It was genuinely scary. Now in Seattle enroute National Airport. Hope for smoother air!

I just love a good flight.  :axe:  All kidding aside, hope second leg goes better for you!

Believe it or not, I'm not the only person who hides posts in this subforum.  And if it's after 10pm, you can probably assume it's not me.  So ask one of the others. 

Hmm, curious. All I said was that this next cold should could be the coldest of the season and I was looking forward to that being over.  Hopefully someone deleted it by mistake because if not this place is on its way to fookedville faster than I thought.

i worked in consulting for a few years and had to fly a lot.  when it gets bumpy you feel really small up there.

Archived