wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You see I am admittedly bias on this one.. My junior year I took earth and planetary sciences at Hopkins and the prof would go off on his global warming tangent pretty much every class. You see he went to antarctica.. A couple of times and drilled a bunch of ice cores... And looked at the C02 content.. He had slides upon slides.. Statistical analysis.. Spreadsheets charts etc... And his conclusion was that basically the spike in C02 levels is not anomalous. So with no abnormal CO2 levels... What part is man playing in it?

So I am gonna go with PhD who actually drilled the cores and did the analysis.

I did my grad work at Hopkins in that department and I'm sure I know the professor you're talking about.  And if you think there's any climate skeptics in that department, then you woefully misinterpreted things. 

Doesn't make me happy, I don't mind someone disagreeing with what I said and arguing in the outlook thread or medium range thread but do think starting a thread with my name on it is over the top and I don't appreciate it.  

Doesn't make me happy, I don't mind someone disagreeing with what I said and arguing in the outlook thread or medium range thread but do think starting a thread with my name on it is over the top and I don't appreciate it.

Don't let it get you down Wes. It's just one persons attempt to save face after one erroneous statement after another.

Don't let it get you down Wes. It's just one persons attempt to save face after one erroneous statement after another.

It ticks me off, I'd never do that to another pro.  I might disagree in a thread and take issue with them but wouldn't start a thread with another's name on it saying that I disagreed with them. 

I was waiting for you to see how to proceed with this.  I found it kinda unprofessional myself.   Pretty sure DT had no ill intent tho.

Dave is the master of speaking in absolutes sprinkled with ifs and buts and mights....I'm really not sure why he made that thread...and then this morning on FB talks about snow in our area....basically confirming what Wes said...who knows but I'm sure he will somehow turn this into a misunderstanding and slander debate.

Totally agree, and it's kind of unprofessional to call an individual out like that (barring something extraordinary).  Especially someone such as yourself who is usually quite reserved and conservative about making such forecasts.  It's not like your article made some over the top bold statements, and you did say that the "higher chances" for snow depend on the guidance that was available at that time being correct.  No guarantees, no ball-spiking about an epic pattern.

I was waiting for you to see how to proceed with this.  I found it kinda unprofessional myself.   Pretty sure DT had no ill intent tho.

He tends to do this a lot...but he does make it clear he has respect for Wes or whoever the met is. It is just odd he feels so compelled to do this. Why not just comment on the original post. 

edit- I didnt realize he made a thread here. I was referring to his habit of sharing articles/posts on his FB page. Basically for the same purpose tho..to "disagree".

Bull. He knew exactly what he was doing and it was to make him look smart at my expense.

He's in a hitting slump and desperate. His latest brigade about how he called for the January warmup in Dec is another bust. This has been a very tough year to make definitive calls based on ensembles in d10-15. Based on everything I see over the next 10 days, his thread will be yet another bust.

He's in a hitting slump and desperate. His latest brigade about how he called for the January warmup in Dec is another bust. This has been a very tough year to make definitive calls based on ensembles in d10-15. Based on everything I see over the next 10 days, his thread will be yet another bust.

It's really tough when you only use one ensemble

I'm definitely glad we are getting a radar and storm like today out of the way when it's not snow. I don't usually get upset when others get snow as long as I get some...this would have been pretty hard to swallow. Although I would have loved to have seen ji's reaction lol

Archived