EFFECT.

* IMPACTS:EXTREMELY HAZARDOUS WHITEOUT CONDITIONS. PASSES MAY
CLOSE FOR SEVERAL HOURS.

* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS: 10 TO 20 INCHES ABOVE 6000 FEET WITH 2 TO 3
FEET OR MORE POSSIBLE ALONG THE CREST.

* TIMING: SNOW WILL BEGIN LATE WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY
MORNING AND CONTINUE INTO FRIDAY. THE PERIOD OF HEAVIEST SNOW
IS EXPECTED THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND THURSDAY NIGHT. THE STRONGEST
WINDS ARE EXPECTED WEDNESDAY NIGHT AND THURSDAY.

* SNOW LEVELS: SNOW LEVELS WILL INITIALLY BE ABOVE 6500 FEET LATE
WEDNESDAY INTO THURSDAY...LOWERING TO 4500 TO 5500 FEET THURSDAY
NIGHT INTO FRIDAY.

* WIND: SOUTHERLY WINDS 25 TO 50 MPH WITH GUSTS TO 80 MPH OR
HIGHER WILL DEVELOP WEDNESDAY NIGHT INTO THURSDAY. WINDS
DECREASE BY FRIDAY MORNING.

All joking aside, the Reisterstown Road corridor from Pikesville to Owings Mills to Reisterstown is horrible. The traffic is so bad it is often grid lock even when it's not rush hour. The Construction with the new Wegman's in Owings Mills is crazy. When that project is finished I can't imagine how bad it's going to be all the time.

Oh cool I didn't know Wegmans was coming to O.M.  I might have to check it out then.

All joking aside, the Reisterstown Road corridor from Pikesville to Owings Mills to Reisterstown is horrible. The traffic is so bad it is often grid lock even when it's not rush hour. The Construction with the new Wegman's in Owings Mills is crazy. When that project is finished I can't imagine how bad it's going to be all the time.

Tell me about it. I drive it every day and I want to kill someone. I think the average age of the Pikesville driver is 94.

Yeah, he commented on it on his page. No reason to make threats about weather. Part of his problem is that he shares far too much information that the average facebook weather fanboy/girl does not understand, nor do they care to understand. They just want to find out if we're going to see snow and they fixate on that if he mentions it even as the slightest possibility. He should probably learn to be more conservative w the stuff he posts online if he's going to cater to his current type of reader. 

I do not have a facebook account but my wife does so I occasionally look and apparently Justin Berk has been getting threats from a few disgruntled weenies about the current storm.

Yeah, he commented on it on his page. No reason to make threats about weather. Part of his problem is that he shares far too much information that the average facebook weather fanboy/girl does not understand, nor do they care to understand. They just want to find out if we're going to see snow and they fixate on that if he mentions it even as the slightest possibility. He should probably learn to be more conservative w the stuff he posts online if he's going to cater to his current type of reader. 

Except the whole reason he has such a following is because he forecasts like a weenie. His MO is to get as many clicks, likes, and attention as possible. The more he hypes (as long as it isn't too over the top), the more followers he gets.

I follow him too and I see the same problem. For some reason he loves the 4th best global model(CMC) and 99% of the people who follow him do not see any errors in his forecasting. Also, he kept mentioning that the Euro keeps overdoing snowfall but he was looking at the WxBell Euro. Apparently he wasn't aware of the issue at Wxbell. I had to inform him and since then he hasn't mentioned it. I used to like him a couple years ago but now he is just annoying and pretty bad.

LR ensembles must be bad...I am afraid to look myself.  Once we get into late Dec and the pattern is not looking great I panic.

From what I read in other forums the ensembles did a complete reversal and now show an awful pattern with cutter after cutter and 50s and 60s here...sorry :(

Archived