12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't the 1/21/14 storm like that? I seem to remember it being plenty cold, breezy and snow really started to accumulate later in the afternoon. If I could wake up to this everyday in winter, I'd be the nicest person around. This was the morning of 1/3/14. 

11881843804_0b10bb976d_z.jpg

we are superstars when it comes to cold rain.

i want a snowstorm.  the kind that starts out as snow, sticks to everything, and ends as snow, without one single sleet pellet or rain drop.  i guess i should move to the rockies.

Wasn't the 1/21/14 storm like that? I seem to remember it being plenty cold, breezy and snow really started to accumulate later in the afternoon. If I could wake up to this everyday in winter, I'd be the nicest person around. This was the morning of 1/3/14. 

It was low-mid 20's during the afternoon and dumping. Stuck to streets with ease. I loved that storm. Took a drive in my truck when the first really good bands moved in. 

post-2035-0-05606800-1418076090_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-75270300-1418076110_thumb.jp

post-2035-0-94419700-1418076127_thumb.jp

Fozz - 

I don't think it's been THAT bad in State College recently.....say, the last 10 years or so. They've definitely had below avg years, but many east coast spots have. They failed to crack the 20" mark just once and cracked the 35" mark 7 of 10. Below avg, yes, but not too bad. And go back a bit further  they had a combined 155" between 02-03 and 03-04. Drive just a bit N and W of State College and get on the other side of the Allegheny front and it can be a different world in the winter time. 

11881843804_0b10bb976d_z.jpg

i forgot if it started out as a mix, but i know it started accumulate pretty well on the mean streets of bethesda during the evening. 

nice pic.

It was low-mid 20's during the afternoon and dumping. Stuck to streets with ease. I loved that storm. Took a drive in my truck when the first really good bands moved in. 

attachicon.gifgeorgiaave.JPG

attachicon.gifbelpregeorgia.JPG

attachicon.gifneighborhood.JPG

that looks olney'ish.  

i did a little work in my jeep that storm.  basically the start of a pretty good winter. 

I grew up in Montgomery County but didn't really get what Leisure World was. So, when I was looking to buy my first place in the mid-2000's, I thought Leisure World would be a nice place to live. So I drove there to look for any properties on sale, pulled up the guard station, and was promptly told "Oh no, this is all old people...you can't find a place to live here..." 

I grew up in Montgomery County but didn't really get what Leisure World was. So, when I was looking to buy my first place in the mid-2000's, I thought Leisure World would be a nice place to live. So I drove there to look for any properties on sale, pulled up the guard station, and was promptly told "Oh no, this is all old people...you can't find a place to live here..." 

i didn't really know about it either until i started working there.  i thought the shopping center was just called leisure world lol.

Leisure world itself is a small city and a sea of blue hair. The shopping center parking lot is basically a circus of people who should have had their license taken away several decades ago. I once had to wait 10 minutes as the second oldest person on earth performed a 36 point turn in an 87 Fleetwood. A time lapse vid would have scored 10k on AFV

Leisure world itself is a small city and a sea of blue hair. The shopping center parking lot is basically a circus of people who should have had their license taken away several decades ago. I once had to wait 10 minutes as the second oldest person on earth performed a 36 point turn in an 87 Fleetwood. A time lapse vid would have scored 10k on AFV

Sounds like Pikesville.

It's about to get really silly in here...two camps will emerge...friendly troll...banter and humor to deal with our less than favorable pattern and then there will be....well...you know...those other guys...hold on tight boys and girls

I still only see 40s low 50s for as far as the eye can see...no torch...I bet by December 15th IAD is -0.2 with an inch of snow

Through 8 days IAD is at +0.2 today should probably get them to negative departure for the month. December is going to be negative at IAD now I suspect

Archived