Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol

That's what I thought too.  I didn't comment because unless you've spent some time here, you wouldn't believe the crazy driving seen here on a daily basis.

All joking aside, the Reisterstown Road corridor from Pikesville to Owings Mills to Reisterstown is horrible. The traffic is so bad it is often grid lock even when it's not rush hour. The Construction with the new Wegman's in Owings Mills is crazy. When that project is finished I can't imagine how bad it's going to be all the time.

Leisure world itself is a small city and a sea of blue hair. The shopping center parking lot is basically a circus of people who should have had their license taken away several decades ago. I once had to wait 10 minutes as the second oldest person on earth performed a 36 point turn in an 87 Fleetwood. A time lapse vid would have scored 10k on AFV

lol.  sounds like leisure world.  they tip pretty well though from what i remember.  i'm becoming old school now.  i was also a valet parker at indian springs country club back in the day.  that was a fun gig.  now that area is a huge housing development.

it's time for glenmont/colesville/del mercado shopping centers to get renovations.

All joking aside, the Reisterstown Road corridor from Pikesville to Owings Mills to Reisterstown is horrible. The traffic is so bad it is often grid lock even when it's not rush hour. The Construction with the new Wegman's in Owings Mills is crazy. When that project is finished I can't imagine how bad it's going to be all the time.

Yes, I agree.  It also doesn't help that there are a lot of people that feel they are somehow entitled to ignore the no parking regulations in the times of rush hour.  Even one car stopped at Zips or Pizza Hut with their flashers on while they "run in" to get their pressed shirts or pepperoni pizza, turns the road into a parking lot.  In the ten years I've lived in the Pikesville, I've never seen a single citation at a parking meter on Reisterstown Rd in spite of all the cars parked between 4 and 6PM.

Fortunately, my working hours have me out of the house and home before the peak of both rush hours.  There are a lot of times when I think I'd be happier living in a more rural area, but then I would have to drive everywhere.  Where I live now, once I'm home, I am able to walk to most of the things I need (beer, groceries, beer, bar, wine, beer...)  It's not utopia, but for me it's a trade-off.  It also helps that I really like my house.

Even though I know you're trolling and I've seen the maps, I get all excited about this and then get frustrated :(

Anyway, yeah, it's an active pattern and will offer some chances.  Next Tuesday-Wednesday bears watching with a northern and southern stream vort close to phasing.  0z Euro and 12z GFS both miss the phase, but not by much.  

Next Thursday-Friday could be sneaky cold in the midst of this mega-torch we're seeing.  It's that cold push and the timing of it dictated by the Tuesday-Wednesday storm that would set up the environment for the 21st.     

But damn that constant push of southern stream s/w's undercutting a western ridge every 2-3 days is enticing.  

Trolling mostly but it's no coincidence that the ops are starting to throw this stuff out at the same time ensembles are locking into a significantly better pattern for snow chances. Setup and timing details cannot be resolved with any skill but some ingredients are showing their faces. We should count how many fantasy storms each op spits out over the next week. 6+12z gefs is 4 so far.  

We should count how many fantasy storms each op spits out over the next week. 6+12z gefs is 4 so far.  

With all those southern stream s/w's and the northern stream being present as well, it's going to be a boatload.  Let's make sure HECS1 of the season starts no earlier than midday next Saturday, however.  I'm in San Francisco the 2nd half of next week.  

With all those southern stream s/w's and the northern stream being present as well, it's going to be a boatload.  Let's make sure HECS1 of the season starts no earlier than midday next Saturday, however.  I'm in San Francisco the 2nd half of next week.  

Nope. Sorry. You and I had a deal. 

WxUSAF, on 05 Dec 2014 - 2:50 PM, said:snapback.png

12/19/14 BOOM

Fixed that for you 

Only if the week after that is frigid with highs in the low 20s so the snow sticks around. 

Deal

Archived