Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December 2014 Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's kind of funny though is that the impact there (including downtown SF) today looks to be significantly worse than Sandy's impact in the DC area, and we all saw what this area did in terms of shutting down. 

What's kind of funny though is that the impact there (including downtown SF) today looks to be significantly worse than Sandy's impact in the DC area, and we all saw what this area did in terms of shutting down.

Yeah I kinda forgot that at the time... Tho others on Tiwtter pointed out the winds may have been as big a concern as rain which made me think of Sandy too. I guess it fits in with a recent pattern across the country but certainly easier to get weather closures than it used to be.

Yeah I kinda forgot that at the time... Tho others on Tiwtter pointed out the winds may have been as big a concern as rain which made me think of Sandy too. I guess it fits in with a recent pattern across the country but certainly easier to get weather closures than it used to be.

Oh definitely. I still can't believe FCPS closed for the cold last winter.

Just looking at the pictures from downtown SF with all those shops around Union Square power-less, I would guess it doesn't take too much to knock out power there. 

i actually kind of a have a feeling we're gonna get a decent (at least of significance) snowstorm before the month is out.  i know this must make people feel very confident.  but seriously, it's been cold (chilly) for too long.  this overall pattern reeks of snow if it continues a few weeks longer.

Archived