Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2024 Disco- SNE’s favorite month

HoarfrostHubb

5 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

probably meant looking out his front window .. still a lot of snow to melt out his way 

2016732703_Screenshot2024-04-07at12_11_04PM.thumb.png.6882fc065441d0cc0a3caca7673c57b7.png

Oh. 

Indirectly related ...that maps seems a bit positive biased for around here.  There's no snow on any yard or field. There's just these smaller piles skirting parking lots and what-not.  I don't think those entrails are what this chart above is graphically presenting.   Despite looking and sensibly appealing cold and gloomy that last 2 days since that event, we've very proficiently eradicated the 3 1/2 of dense sleet/snow mixture. 

39 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

:huh: Mid 60s tomorrow ... 70 possible over parking lots and sun lit back decks.

what are you looking at that "looks like winter" 

28 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

probably meant looking out his front window .. still a lot of snow to melt out his way 

2016732703_Screenshot2024-04-07at12_11_04PM.thumb.png.6882fc065441d0cc0a3caca7673c57b7.png

27 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh. 

Indirectly related ...that maps seems a bit positive biased for around here.  There's no snow on any yard or field. There's just these smaller piles skirting parking lots and what-not.  I don't think those entrails are what this chart above is graphically presenting.   Despite looking and sensibly appealing cold and gloomy that last 2 days since that event, we've very proficiently eradicated the 3 1/2 of dense sleet/snow mixture. 

Still 3 to 5 or so here.  We winter

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Rembered your brownies comment to me when I said March 20th to mid April would be BN. What's  Northfield stats from March 20th to yesterday.  Just wondering not busting balls. You will probably average out by the 15th.

Looks like CON is -0.9F over the last 17 days. But yeah, that will probably get wiped out the next few days. 

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh. 

Agreed .. I wonder if its related to the cloud cover since Thursday 

7 minutes ago, ma blizzard said:

Agreed .. I wonder if its related to the cloud cover since Thursday 

I think the snow is so waterlogged right now that it’s overestimating the depth until there’s some pack density adjustments. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Oh. 

Our son is moving to Ayer. We helped him and his girlfriend move stuff today. No snow in a lot of the towns around there.  Seems very limited to over 700’ or so in el

• Like 1

Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

Our son is moving to Ayer. We helped him and his girlfriend move stuff today. No snow in a lot of the towns around there.  Seems very limited to over 700’ or so in el

It’s 52F and sunny and snow in town is crying for mama.  Just getting eviscerated.  Still a few inches but feels like we’ve lost a foot in two days lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dendrite said:

I think the snow is so waterlogged right now that it’s overestimating the depth until there’s some pack density adjustments. 

Cocorahs was filled with 4 and 5 s mid CNE but 8 to15 upper elevations away from the coast 

• Weenie 1

12 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cocorahs was filled with 4 and 5 s mid CNE but 8 to15 upper elevations away from the coast 

Yeah, but I think those are made with remote sensing using water content to estimate the pack. So if it’s expecting 8:1 in an area on d1 and in d2 it’s a sobbing 3:1 it may think there’s more snow than there actually is. 

13 hours ago, Weathernoob335 said:

Very spotty on my drive to eclipse totality zone in Maine too, finally seeing some decent snowpack north of jay, figured southern Maine would have more snow but just coatings and thats melting fast

Will go to patches (trace) today, 14" gone in 4 days.  Back in the '60s, crooner Johnny Mathis did a song with the line, "Melt my heart like April snow."  Outside of my Fort Kent days, snow in April has had no staying power.  Even April of 2007, with 37.2" and temps 6° BN thru the 17th, saw everything gone 5 days later.

48 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah, but I think those are made with remote sensing using water content to estimate the pack. So if it’s expecting 8:1 in an area on d1 and in d2 it’s a sobbing 3:1 it may think there’s more snow than there actually is. 

that map isn't even close to reality. most of it melted saturday, sunday took care of all but the piles and shady spots

• Like 1