• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rtd208

28 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

GFS/Euro switched places for next week. Now the Euro has stronger heat.

Dicey pattern as it wouldn't take much to go from no heat to strong heat wave and vice versa

Euro op is the warmest out of all its ensemble members. This is another can kick with the heat that we have witnessed all summer 

• Like 2

The next 8 days are averaging   79degs.(71/87) or +3.

Reached 86 here yesterday.

Today:  80-84, wind variable to e., m. cloudy, some rain late?, 72 tomorrow AM.

73*(95%RH) here at 7am.      75* at 9am.     77* at 10am.      79* at Noon.      80* at 2pm.     84* at 4pm.   Reached 88* at 5pm.

83* at 7pm.

7 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Guns n Roses tonight at Met Life and I am hoping that the showers and T storms now showing and predicted after 6 pm this evening will fall apart and we stay dry what do you guys think ? Is it gonna be a dry November Rain or will I be Welcomed to the WET Jungle this evening ? 

Activity stays south on the hrrr so don't cry 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

77 / 71.  Warm and humid with clouds.  Some isolated showers otherwise cloudy with some breaks of sun.  Mid 80s warmer i there are longer breaks in the sun.  Warm and humid Wed (8/16) and Thu (8/17) with some isolated showers and storms before trough and front move through Fri (8/18) with next shot at more widespread storms.

Sat (8/19) - Wed (8/24)   ridge builds into the GL and OV with center peaking at 594 - 600 DM.  Strongest heat looks south of the areas but a warm - hot NW flow and strong heat may push through for a day 8/23 - 8/24.  Rideg looks impressive with a broil under the axis. 

Beyond there warm overall and perhaps seasonal trend breaks with more ridging centered into the NE.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif  

• Like 1

Records: 8/15

Highs:

EWR: 99 (1988)
NYC: 97 (1988)
LGA: 97 (1985)

Lows:

EWR: 54 (1964)
NYC: 54 (1964)
LGA: 59 (1964)

Historical:

1787 - Tornadoes were reported in Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and New Hampshire. Wethersfield CT was hard hit by the tornado outbreak. (David Ludlum)

1946 - Saint Louis, MO, was deluged with a record 8.78 inches of rain in 24 hours. (The Weather Channel)

1967 - The sundance fire in northern Idaho was started by lightning. Winds of 50 mph carried firebrands as much as ten miles in advance to ignite new fires, and as a result, the forest fire spread twenty miles across the Selkirk Mountains in just twelve hours, burning 56,000 acres. The heat of the fire produced whirlwinds of flame with winds up to 300 mph which flung giant trees about like matchsticks. (David Ludlum)

1983: Hurricane Alicia formed on this day and was the costliest tropical cyclone in the Atlantic since Hurricane Agnes in 1972. It struck Galveston and Houston, Texas directly, causing $2.6 billion (1983 USD) in damage and killing 21 people. This storm was the worst Texas hurricane since Hurricane Carla in 1961. Also, Alicia was the first billion-dollar tropical cyclone in Texas history.

1987 - Thunderstorms developing ahead of a sharp cold front produced severe weather in the Upper Midwest during the afternoon and evening hours, with Minnesota and eastern South Dakota hardest hit. A thunderstorm in west central Minnesota spawned a tornado at Eagle Lake which killed one person and injured eight others. A thunder- storm in eastern South Dakota produced softball size hail at Warner. (The National Weather Summary) (Storm Data)

1988 - Thirty five cities in twenty states in the north central and northeastern U.S. reported record high temperatures for the date, including Lamoni IA and Baltimore MD, where the mercury hit 105 degrees. Temperatures 100 degrees or above were reported in twenty-two states. Pierre SD was the hot spot in the nation with a high of 114 degrees. Bluefield WV reported eight straight days of record heat. (The National Weather Summary)

1989 - Evening thunderstorms in eastern New Mexico produced wind gusts to 66 mph at Clovis. Evening thunderstorms in West Texas produced baseball size hail around Hereford, Dimmitt, Ware and Dalhart. (The National Weather Summary) (Storm Data)

Rainfall totals from overnight through about 8am.

Widespread 1"+ totals NNJ along and north of 80 and over the eastern third or so of L.I.

It did under perform my expectations of more widespread  2"+ totals with some local amounts to 3-4".

Either way, everything staying well watered in my area and I'm not complaining about that.

RAINFALL.jpg

• Like 2

Honestly did not see cloudy and misty all day today. Anyone have stats on cloud cover for the summer? It feels like outside of a few weeks in July it has been excessively cloudy. Honestly hoping that we get a big shakeup soon to break this pattern. But I can almost guarantee we won't be putting up negative departures like we have in June and August come December and January.