• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Rtd208

78 / 54 off a low of 56..  Another gorgeous dry day.  Low - mid 80s hot spots could sneak in an 87 or so but just a really nice out with partly sunny skies by the pm.  The western ridge is staked in between PHX and Dallas Trough into the northeast with strong N/NW flow. More of the same to open the month Tuesday dry and low humidity  near to below normal.  By Thu (8/3) the flow is turning more southerly and so up goes the humidity.  Fri (8/4) - the coming weekend is warm , humid and back comes storms chances.  More towards a tropical transition.  Where and when the sun is out it is quite warm with a hot airmass nearby and moving up on the sw flow by Mon 7th - 9th with next 90s potential.

Beyond there the Western Atlantic Ridge builds west forces trough to back into the GL with humid , warm and stormy flow long the east cost.  Towards the end of next week heights and ridging into the east could heat it up more.

GOES16-EUS-02-1000x1000.gif  

• Thanks 1

July ended at  79.0[+1.5].

The first 8 days of August are averaging  77degs.(68/86) or Normal.

May not have to worry about 90 until after the 12th.

Reached 80 here yesterday.

Today:  79-83, wind n., some clouds, 65 tomorrow AM.

70*(60%RH) here at 7am.       72* at 9am.       75* at Noon.       77* at 1pm.    Reached   80* at 3pm.      75* at 8pm.

On 7/30/2023 at 8:46 AM, IrishRob17 said:

Smoky skies back on Tuesday?  Not near the surface at least for now. I don’t see how we could top what we had in June. 

IMG_0511.jpeg

IMG_0510.jpeg

You can see it on the visible satellite this AM coming through PA. Latest HRRR keeps it SW of us but we’ll see how accurate it is. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Euro is quite wet thursday night and Friday but we look to salvage the weekend

We still have to watch the timing, but yeah it looks as if it will get out of the way in time for a beautiful weekend. Just a brief humidity spike on Friday with showers/storms, but the humidity should drop again for the weekend. Not the spectacular high 40s dewpoints we're seeing today and tomorrow, but they should get back down to the high 50s which is pretty nice for early August. 

27 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I would've hated going back before Labor Day. I know around here most schools still wait until after Labor Day. 

Same here but I find the kids are bored by mid August.    Rather see them get out earlier in June.    Some years with the all the bogus snow days they call now get out June 25th or even later....

24 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Same here but I find the kids are bored by mid August.    Rather see them get out earlier in June.    Some years with the all the bogus snow days they call now get out June 25th or even later....

Being bored wasn't an issue for me. Mid to late August I was outside playing baseball constantly, and dreading the start of school year. lol

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, FPizz said:

I have some family about 40 min outside Atlanta and today is their first day. 

My sister is a principal in Az, and they started two weeks ago. Imagine in that heat!

• Like 2