Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I just don't agree...you can see that the GFS consolidates faster, and backs in further...when it was more of the inverted trough look, it didn't back in like that. These recent runs are unequivocally worse here than the ones early this AM. Apparently BOX agrees.

The euro has a consolidated low, but it swung real far out. I can see your point of view, and perhaps for a very small area that might be true, but for the most part across the region, I think having a more consolidated low helps. I mean look at the 12z NAM yesterday. 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm already getting a dash of cat paws with these light rain drops at a raw 38 ...  Hate to sound like a goober but it really does smell like it out there.  I'm not going the other way around here.  If this comes down hard after dark, it's snow - no question. 

I just have difficulty believing in this situation that you're area has to be that much different. I almost feel that that the pivoting of the rain/snow into N/S axis during today could just be an artifact of this present rendition of noise - I mean the GFS isn't necessarily constrained by physics into having to plow a warm micro node into NE Mass like that ... it's just randomness.

Don't you know that the atmosphere is out to get him. 5 straight years of porkage.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro has a consolidated low, but it swung real far out. I can see your point of view, and perhaps for a very small area that might be true, but for the most part across the region, I think having a more consolidated low helps. I mean look at the 12z NAM yesterday. 

Was just catching up on the trends and had the same thought how the 18Z runs look really similar to what the NAM was trying to do yesterday.

7 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Thank you! I feel pretty confident about the hills and even your area. Valley around Hartford/BDL is a tough call. My gut says mainly rain but wouldn't take much to flip over for a few hours of paste.

Yeah, great discussion as usual.

Ryan, do you have a sense for the greatest bust potential, either positive or negative, for CT?

Probably around Hartford?

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yea, the small area is MBY. :lol: Like it usually is.

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 6_32_08 PM.png

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The Euro cut back here from 06z bc it trended in that same direction as the GFS..just not as drastic. Do I think it ends up backing in as much as the GFS? No...but if it does, then I'm done. More consolidated low increases that risk. 

7 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

Thank you! I feel pretty confident about the hills and even your area. Valley around Hartford/BDL is a tough call. My gut says mainly rain but wouldn't take much to flip over for a few hours of paste.

Not necessarily Kevin’s area but you had 6-12 for the Woodstock/Thompson area, thoughts that area could go higher?

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I'm already getting a dash of cat paws with these light rain drops at a raw 38 ...  Hate to sound like a goober but it really does smell like it out there.  I'm not going the other way around here.  If this comes down hard after dark, it's snow - no question. 

I just have difficulty believing in this situation that you're area has to be that much different. I almost feel that that the pivoting of the rain/snow into N/S axis during today could just be an artifact of this present rendition of noise - I mean the GFS isn't necessarily constrained by physics into having to plow a warm micro node into NE Mass like that ... it's just randomness.

I agree with you...just saying that a more consolidated low has a better shot of pulling that off. It would be far more detrimental here than it would be in Ayer.

13 minutes ago, MarkO said:

The herpes drop off in the Worcester area is insane. Somewhere there's going to be a massive drop in totals similar to the late season storms we get up north where there's literally nothing on the valley floor at 700' and 18" two miles (and 1000' in elevation) away.

I don’t think that is an elevation gradient on the herpes…it’s where the 925 layer warmed enough. ORH airpor and adjacent Paxton (1200+ feet) are pretty high in elevation and they both get porked that run. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Not necessarily Kevin’s area but you had 6-12 for the Woodstock/Thompson area, thoughts that area could go higher?

I doubt higher. Think 6ish is reasonable for you guys. The entire area from you down to Hartford on I-84 is probably my biggest uncertainty right now.

12 minutes ago, JKEisMan said:

Yeah, great discussion as usual.

Ryan, do you have a sense for the greatest bust potential, either positive or negative, for CT?

Probably around Hartford?

I could see a bit of everything. Overperformer western areas and underperformer east.

8 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I doubt higher. Think 6ish is reasonable for you guys. The entire area from you down to Hartford on I-84 is probably my biggest uncertainty right now.

I could see a bit of everything. Overperformer western areas and underperformer east.

Expecting the worst but hoping for the best here... at least it's dropped to 38 and isn't still above 40 like around Hartford.

18z GFS bufkit for BDL. 

This is really all going to come down to the CCB. Sure the GFS may be "cold" bur when you look at why it's cold, it makes sense. It's tied into the duration of heavy rates. I mean if you're seeing a prolonged period of this much omega into the DGZ it's not only gotta rip, but it will accumulate.

image.thumb.png.c139cd020493be215d3b4fa0448c0df5.png

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Usually these phased lows end up a bit more progressive than modeled, so I will bank on that...consolidated without retrograde would be ideal. I agree on that.

How do you feel about your map in eastern ma? Boston to providence corridor?