Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I need to hope that is overdone, as it often is...but if that's right, I have wasted a lot of time on a final call that will be toilet paper in the end....non event. See ya next fall.

IF that's right, yeah definitely.  Honestly I lost interest *here* once it wasn't going to be 12" +, even 6-8" would be pretty meh since it'll just melt /compact pretty much immediately.

• Like 1

This is what I tried to tell people who were trying to brain wash me into rooting for a more consolidated low...it helps areas to the west, that are porked by the nipple low....but now that that is consolidated east faster, its deeper and back in more to screw me. Alot of pro mets this AM just completely could not comprehend that...funny part is, now they will used that as an excuse to say they were right about my map being too high for this area...no shit, because what I said would suck for me it it happened, indeed took place.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

This is what I tried to tell people who were trying to brain wash me into rooting for a more consolidated low...it helps areas to the west, that are porked by the nipple low....but now that that is consolidated east faster, its deeper and back in more to screw me. Alot of pro mets this AM just completely could not comprehend that...funny part is, now they will used that as an excuse to say they were right about my map being too high for this area...no shit, because what I said would suck for me it it happened, indeed took place.

Huh?

Ray lows pivoting in were part of the reason many of us didn't feel comfortable about ern mass. But also the nipple low absolutely torched lower levels even in ern areas. Those solutions had the low pivot all the way into Bar Harbor with meager amounts of snow outside the ORH hills and south of SNH. With a consolidated low, you'll have a much better shot at the CCB in most of the area. Maybe extreme ern areas play with fire. 

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Ray lows pivoting in were part of the reason many of us didn't feel comfortable about ern mass. But also the nipple low absolutely torched lower levels even in ern areas. Those solutions had the low pivot all the way into Bar Harbor with meager amounts of snow outside the ORH hills and south of SNH. With a consolidated low, you'll have a much better shot at the CCB in most of the area. Maybe extreme ern areas play with fire. 

I just don't agree...you can see that the GFS consolidates faster, and backs in further...when it was more of the inverted trough look, it didn't back in like that. These recent runs are unequivocally worse here than the ones early this AM. Apparently BOX agrees.

2 minutes ago, wx_observer said:

That's wild...ORH gets skunked with less than BOS, but only a few miles away from 20+.  Brain cannot compute.

The maps are wild today because it’s having like two separate events over laid.  The first warm moist push, then there’s the CCB which is like a separate event entirely.  

3 minutes ago, Johnno said:

Ryan laying everything out well tonight  on the forecast, emphasis on the sharp drop offs over short distances 

Thank you! I feel pretty confident about the hills and even your area. Valley around Hartford/BDL is a tough call. My gut says mainly rain but wouldn't take much to flip over for a few hours of paste.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Toss that...with that track, less makes sense here. 

I'm already getting a dash of cat paws with these light rain drops at a raw 38 ...  Hate to sound like a goober but it really does smell like it out there.  I'm not going the other way around here.  If this comes down hard after dark, it's snow - no question. 

I just have difficulty believing in this situation that you're area has to be that much different. I almost feel that that the pivoting of the rain/snow into N/S axis during today could just be an artifact of this present rendition of noise - I mean the GFS isn't necessarily constrained by physics into having to plow a warm micro node into NE Mass like that ... it's just randomness.

1 minute ago, CT Rain said:

Thank you! I feel pretty confident about the hills and even your area. Valley around Hartford/BDL is a tough call. My gut says mainly rain but wouldn't take much to flip over for a few hours of paste.

how is your confidence out here in the land of Luke and I? It is nice seeing the banding showing up out here...