Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

1 minute ago, FXWX said:

Lol... I don't know how that can even exist? Can wait to look at 15z 925 mb analysis tomorrow...

It's the remnant of the low level inverted trough. You can see it on a bunch of the models actually just around the 925mb low.

I think this is going to be a large bust for most of CT outside of western areas which still looks quite good.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

It's the remnant of the low level inverted trough. You can see it on a bunch of the models actually just around the 925mb low.

I think this is going to be a large bust for most of CT outside of western areas which still looks quite good.

It would be fitting...  I'll be happy if western areas hold serve and we get a decent cover across northern Tolland and northern Windham counties.  I have so many caveats in my forecast for other areas, I almost don't care at this point... Let's just be done with this!  Lol

• Like 1

Down to 34 from 39 earlier this evening. Dropped a couple of degrees in the last hour or so. The snow line is just about on top of me--two or three miles away to the north/northwest. Unless the temperature is going to rise again soon, it will likely be snowing hours before they predicted it would. School is canceled for tomorrow. No complaints from my 7th and 8th graders and none from me either. I'm just a bit worried about power outages since my gas fireplace chose to stop working yesterday! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FXWX said:

It would be fitting...  I'll be happy if western areas hold serve and we get a decent cover across northern Tolland and northern Windham counties.  I have so many caveats in my forecast for other areas, I almost don't care at this point... Let's just be done with this!  Lol

Yeah, I’m long past ready to be done at this point. Punted in December. Watched people fawn over ten day virtual potential every week since. It’s like the clockwork orange scene but for four months. 

• Sad 1

It's probably too late and overwhelmed by guidance at this point, but if we're looking potential of a positive bust (at least for eastern SNE), we want the IVT feature to weaken faster and shut off warming midlevel temps... I'm looking at 850 winds here... the less westerly, the weaker the feature:

image.thumb.png.48ba861a4a4ea84f842dbe79301ce8ec.png

Tues 6z off Euro:

image.thumb.png.6b664baf7080a4b3bed41e8963233c13.png

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The bodies just getting buried.  SVT highlands are another high probability spot.  14-28” above 1500ft?

84BEC063-2ED1-4268-8431-6155C7CE8FC0.png

Stratton special, even as far west as Gore going to get 15+, well above normal March for them and going to be above normal seasonal snowfall after this one and winter isn’t over

2 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Stratton special, even as far west as Gore going to get 15+, well above normal March for them and going to get near seasonal snowfall

The snow maps oversell a lot of zones in these marginal spring storms. But they give a rudimentary idea of what the model run is.  Take 5-6:1 ratios below 1000ft and it looks like a much different map… but we all know how to mentally ratchet down the map in lower elevation areas.