Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The last hurrah? Putting all the eggs in the Tuesday 3/14 basket

Ginx snewx

16 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Hey Kevin...  For this system, I've used a list by county and in most cases have broken the counties up into north / south zones, as well as higher v. lower elevations.  Given the tremendous variations expected across short distances due to elevation changes, even within some individual districts like yours; my superintendent groups actually prefer the list range compared to a contoured map in setups like this.

My take is a bit more bullish (by an inch or 2) in the central valley zone compared to some other numbers I've seen... For your area, I let the 10-14 inch zone cross the I-84 corridor by a smidge and let 14+ number get a bit closer to the MA/CT border area of Tolland Cty.

The most volatile areas I think are the sharp gradients across western Hartford Cty, far northern New Haven Cty and the southern Litchfield Cty into northern Fairfield Cty area.  I also think southern Tolland Cty into far northern New London Cty is going to be interesting?

Thanks John. My buddy across the street is the superintendent of Union school(73 students in a K-8 lol) and has been texting me all day if he should cancel . I told him 8-12” possibly 15”, but that it was not a high confidence forecast and the flip to snow timing will make all the difference. So your forecast makes me feel a bit less stressed 

• Weenie 1

8 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Yeah, I'm down to 37 here in Plainville. I am up a little bit in elevation. I'm so curious what I'm going to wake up to. But wake up to just rain then I'll know we're not going to get much snow, but if I wake up to snow or at least a mix then I think that we can get a little pasting tomorrow

A couple hundred feet lower here, but also just dropped to 37... have a feeling I'll be just on the outside here with Wolcott and elevated Bristol getting a good hit. Seems to be changing over there already.

10 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

I know. They're going to rip all night.

What elevation are you at in Canton? Our weather watcher in Wolcott is flipping over now at 1kft. 

Only about 475’ at my house, if I drive up the my road a mile or so it’s around 900’, always a noticeable difference 

2 minutes ago, Thunderblizzard said:

A couple hundred feet lower here, but also just dropped to 37... have a feeling I'll be just on the outside here with Wolcott and elevated Bristol getting a good hit. Seems to be changing over there already.

This is so touch and go for where we are. I just looked outside again and I could swear I saw a few cat pours mixed in with the rain. But that also could just be my eyes deceiving me for what I'd like to see lol. I'll do it one more time before bed tonight.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Thanks John. My buddy across the street is the superintendent of Union school(73 students in a K-8 lol) and has been texting me all day if he should cancel . I told him 8-12” possibly 15”, but that it was not a high confidence forecast and the flip to snow timing will make all the difference. So your forecast makes me feel a bit less stressed 

Yep... Good call... I've been very frustrated by the marginal air masses over the past 2 or 3 weeks.  If we could have had just nice seasonably cold air masses with these storms not only would we already have a nice snow pack but the forecasting would have been relatively stress free.  Today's another case of mostly elevation and latitude driven results.  We are going to have some towns cancel school with part of the town deep in snow while on the other side of town only some slush and wet roads...  Crazy stressful to deal with...  

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1