• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

29 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Look what happened with tomorrow's storm. The block will force this south .

This one's pretty cut and dry.

Stronger 50/50 equals storm (miller B transfer) while a weaker one equals cutter.

The current trend is towards a weaker 50/50

Additionally given the amount of phasing likely you would need a very strong 50/50. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

GFS is a step in the right direction though. lower heights in SE Canada and a weaker vort 

C27F8C3A-E730-4CB8-A32C-061F76C085F8.thumb.gif.cb72b334253bb4e9a7e10ca30db25909.gif

It really can't get more N than Cleveland ~ with what's going on above Lake Superior to W of Nova Scotia.  It can't... That's impenetrable as it is modeled.  If the models someway somehow veer the mid level circulation mode to the SW, than it could... until that happens, it cannot physically get N that approximate latitude. 

Which the 18z GFS is coming around to admitting that... but, it's also pressed really against that latitude... Which tells me, the correction vector is pointed more S-E.  

This run still depicts a major QPF event however, ...only stemmed by the fact that this is somehow a progressive system, despite having at least transitive exertion by the -NAO domain, as is in part evidenced by this...  

image.png.7117480e0d3246c38e8d160cef3bfbfe.png

Granted, transitive means indirect and not directly opposing...so therein is wiggle room but jesus - it tries to evac this thing in like 10 hours. I wouldn't be shocked if future runs demo at least some deceleration ... we'll see on that speculation.  But until that "barrier" jet gets modeled to not be there...this can only go just about due east from this location you see there.  And the consequence of tunneling through the transitive ridge from NE S is with a lot of falling shit from the sky

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Interesting how euro can lead the way with 2/28 while gfs dragged behind, then a complete flip several days later. 

This thing is still far off.  A couple days ago Tuesday’s storm was a monster, and an AEMATT jackpot, and. now it’s congrats Western CT with a much more subdued system. This will probably get way toned down too…whatever the outcome. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Didn't realize we were at verification time with either system.

you would think we'd learn after the medium range debacle for the Monday storm

doesn't look as good today, but I would not be surprised to see confluence increase again with the blocking finally in place. either way, even with the crappier solutions, a front-end thump is still possible, similar to what the 12z ECMWF OP showed earlier

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Boned of different directions for me

I’m taking a massive step back after this last event. Just kind of sitting on the outside observing, one foot out the door.

I hope someone cashes in, but this feels very similar to a story we’ve seen a lot this winter. 

The euro trends in the last 24 hours say a lot. We’ve had a lot of KU type looks that have turned into FU looks fast this year 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m taking a massive step back after this last event. Just kind of sitting on the outside observing, one foot out the door.

I hope someone cashes in, but this feels very similar to a story we’ve seen a lot this winter. 

The euro trends in the last 24 hours say a lot. We’ve had a lot of KU type looks that have turned into FU looks fast this year 

See you at 12z.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This thing is still far off.  A couple days ago Tuesday’s storm was a monster, and an AEMATT jackpot, and. now it’s congrats Western CT with a much more subdued system. This will probably get way toned down too…whatever the outcome. 

I don’t think we can say 3/4 will behave like 2/28 though. Possible, sure. I’m not verifying anything either, just an observation of model behavior in the D5 range. 

• Like 3

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event
  • dendrite unpinned this topic