• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Out west to the plains it's trending stronger. 

I think the problem is damage is done on that front, sending the 540 thickness where many are "out of the game". Confluence is there but with background warmth.

image.thumb.gif.b02cfc82f2c26e168a58f2ef11e0669b.gif

There has been a trend all season for the most part of favored areas with even a marginal air mass that has produced.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

1 footish is the ceiling here IMO...its not a HECS. I don't like the attenuation and primary struggles. Not complaining...just how I see it.

This one kind of has 2/5/14 vibes....primary slamming into CLE but then hitting a wall of confluence in Quebec. But at this stage, 75 miles in either direction could produce large sensible wx differences than that 2014 event.

Just now, jbenedet said:

Yea you're def in a good spot, as which has been true on the season. The rest of us...

Its not been kind to many south of the CNH for the most part this season, At least some look to cash this week, Nothing any of us can control it, I'm kind of just looking at this from a distance now, Need to get thru tomorrow and Thursday's, The Thursday one will have some weight of where Saturday goes too.

Just now, mahk_webstah said:

is this a reasoned response or just an emotional one?  if so, reasoning please, this is the NE forum.

Each model run is trending more and more amped and big jumps were made by the southernmost models. 

MJO phase 7 supports an enhanced WAR which supports a phased, powerful system that confluence can't stop. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Each model run is trending more and more amped and big jumps were made by the southernmost models. 

MJO phase 7 supports an enhanced WAR which supports a phased, powerful system that confluence can't stop. 

well in new hampshire we did well from north of Manchester without any blocking and I believe phase 7.  I don't see why this would go further north than the GFS shows (which reflects the seasonal gradient basically), but what do I know.

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

well in new hampshire we did well from north of Manchester without any blocking and I believe phase 7.  I don't see why this would go further north than the GFS shows (which reflects the seasonal gradient basically), but what do I know.

Sure the further north the better but this isn't encouraging.

gfs-ens_z500a_eus_fh108_trend.thumb.gif.52b1aebcb7d909c02791d835948181ef.gif

47 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Sure the further north the better but this isn't encouraging.

gfs-ens_z500a_eus_fh108_trend.thumb.gif.52b1aebcb7d909c02791d835948181ef.gif

Think of that as jostling around inside a region bounded by a confluence/domain wall you can almost make out there nearing the top right corner of this slide show.  It's not going to get more N, with that there.  What you're seeing in this comparison is jostling within that allowed region.. But it is pressing the NW-N edge of the available space inside that bounded area. 

IF some how for some reason the confluence orientation goes away, than the guidance will have no compunctions about driving this thing straight across James Bay from S to N... But that's would be unlikely, because it would require completely changing the manifold of the local hemispheric circulation mode.

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Looks like it starts to hit a wall in Southern Missouri, keep pushing that south, could help trap the cold air around here

With the primary that strong plowing over CLE, there is no way we keep this all snow. We’ll have to stack it on the front end and hope ip/zr tops it. 

Still looks like warning snows before the flip so not too bad verbatim.