• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event

Typhoon Tip

28 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

CMC is a slider east but NYC-PHL get some goods and SNE too.  Might be a sacrifice we need to make for the overall sanity.  But that is the southern outlier so far.

Yea...I'm sure fine sacrificing after 50".....my thought is "fuc& that".....sitting at 21.5" after 4 consecutive shitty years.

11 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

These southern streamers, especially in a -pna, tend to come north inside D3 so I’d prefer to be on the northern edge/fringe right now. 

Yea, but its a matter of how much...this is why I said last night that my area is at greatest risk in SNE....CT least risk.

GEFs has also trended several mb weaker overall ... 

This isn't gonna be an easy ride.   We still have the caveat wrt to the -PNA footprint/fast progressive nature to the flow to contend with.

We are all aware that 'past performance doesn't dictate future performance' with these models, but I've never fully agreed with that sentiment.  Partially? sure - but only in so far as every situation/scenario has to be considered for its own identity.  The problem is... that identity is in the same family and families tend to share behavioral-related genetics.  Heh...  In this case, the modest transient exertion by the -NAO ...doomed the GFS' fancy wrt to the 28th.  It seems reasonable to assume the same exertion will be in place as this thing is approaching - the key difference being, this one is wholesale more powerful upon ejection out of the SW...  So how that resolves as it moves closer toward the terminus of the NAO exertion ( roughly where we are in space)... that's a "cloudy" picture. 

I am noticing the gap between the 3rd/4th principle S/W, and a new injection coming in from the W, is shrinking across the last several cycles. It seems this cycle has crossed a threshold where there is now some destructive interference being introduced into the whole circuitry of affairs, from that introduced source, that was not a part of previous run cycles.  So yayyy ...another card player shows up for the deal. This higher error prone progressive pattern could morph all this ...if that gap narrows further and then it becomes dominant and we end up with something no one saw coming. 

Anyway, this 12z GFS deterministic run is selling less NAO exertion overall, and for that ... tries to make a run at a cutter.. .but ultimately fails - not before it is too late... and this ends up less than appealing to winter enthusiasm.  right.

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Currently monitoring guidance for March late 3rd through the 4th for the next ( beyond the 28th) significant event
  • dendrite unpinned this topic