Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

11 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

We got our Arctic shot and that cold won’t be topped for a long time. Don’t really care what happens now, though hopefully NNE can keep the slopes and trails going. 

It was a good shot. Picnic tables were coldest since January 2004… second coldest February temp since 1954… and only the 10th day since 1954 with those temps (7 in January, 1 in December and now 2 in February).

Been almost 20 years since we’ve seen that cold up here, and missed Feb record by 1 degree.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Everyone in SNE is getting a snow storm before real spring. 

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. Statistically, it’d be shocking if we didn’t. But unless 1888 or 2013 walks through the door it’s not going to change my subjective grade at the end of the season. A 6-12” event would be great. I’d track it. I’d enjoy the event unapologetically. But by itself it’d also be meaningless in the whole scheme of things. 

I am just speaking for my backyard and CT. I know it has been a better year virtually everywhere else in New England. 

23 minutes ago, Sugarloaf1989 said:

Try not to get sunburn with the Lazer sun.

Good to see you posting. Hope all is well. 

8 hours ago, NorEastermass128 said:

By futility, I mean has BOS surpassed 1936-37 (?) seasonal SF. I think it’s right around 9.5”, give or take a couple tenths of an inch. I’m not sure where BOS stands on the season right now. 

1936-37 had 9 inches even.  We just missed it in 2011-12 with 9.3.   Gonna be touch to have less than 1.4 from here on out which is what we'd need to tie or break futility.  We're headed to FL 2/23 for a couple of weeks.  I'm ending this winter that day.

1 minute ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is Groundhog Day and the Thur and weekend threat moved unfavorably for CNE/NNE overnite 

Gfs def trended milder last 24 hrs and euro moving toward it . 

I doubt there will be that one shot late Feb/ early March bomb for SNE that some have mentioned as a possibility.  This will go down in history as the WORST winter in my lifetime.  Hands down. This includes any of the winters growing up in the following locations;
Troy, NY
Lake George, NY
Columbia County, NY
Williamstown, MA,
Bristol, RI
Washington DC
Boston, MA
Windham county, CT

The absolute, fucking W.O.R.S.T. winter.  These season is definitely humbling.  

• Weenie 2

18 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I doubt there will be that one shot late Feb/ early March bomb for SNE that some have mentioned as a possibility.  This will go down in history as the WORST winter in my lifetime.  Hands down. This includes any of the winters growing up in the following locations;
Troy, NY
Lake George, NY
Columbia County, NY
Williamstown, MA,
Bristol, RI
Washington DC
Boston, MA
Windham county, CT

The absolute, fucking W.O.R.S.T. winter.  These season is definitely humbling.  

post-861-0-54727700-1328130367.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Weenie 1

40 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

This is Groundhog Day and the Thur and weekend threat moved unfavorably for CNE/NNE overnite 

Gfs def trended milder last 24 hrs and euro moving toward it . 

Yeah that event is likely toast. But I’ll give it another cycle or two. Then we deal with a monster SE ridge for the next week beyond that…next potential for snow would be last week of Feb imho if 2/12 doesn’t produce. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2