Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

On 2/1/2023 at 2:52 PM, Ginx snewx said:

Done so to be clear both BDL and ORH need to be futility records by the time all snow is done this snow season 2022 -2023 for you to win.

On 2/1/2023 at 2:59 PM, Damage In Tolland said:

That’s fine . But I’d prefer ending it Morch , 31st

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Difference is he needs ORH to get less than 4 inches for the rest of the entire winter to win an even money bet. He seems to not be aware that even in a horrific january pattern, they got over a foot. He keeps saying “the pattern will just continue to suck”….well yeah, that could totally be true but it still doesn’t mean you bet money it won’t snow again at 1000 feet over the interior…lol. 

Its not good pattern over the next 10-15 days but it could easily still snow a few inches. I also think there’s going to be a more favorable pattern later this month. 

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The bet is both ORH and BDL. ORH couid get a 3 foot storm .. but if BDL doesn’t get 4”.. the bet is won.

You act as if this is what I want or am rooting for . I want snow . I want to lose. But I also feel very confident that we are done 

Hmm guess he doesn't know the meaning of BOTH

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eduggs said:

Yup. With the climatological elevational and latitudinal dependence on top of it. But every 5-10 years this interior coastal plain area gets a payoff with a big coastal. We're just in a rough patch right now. I've lived in MA, NY, NJ... and the only 20" storm I've seen was in NJ. But also by far the worst winter.

Even after 10 years in Fort Kent where winter's average was over 130", the greatest collection of big snowstorms I've seen, by far, came when we lived in northern Morris County, with 7 storms of 18-24" from March 1956 thru Feb 1961.  Big snowstorms look much the same from the MA to NNE.