Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 22nd - 23rd Cutter Discussion and Observations

NJwx85

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

The wind here is run of the mill for a coastal storm, maybe one or two gusts to 50 mph. We’ll see what this squall line does with the cold front. Maybe the winds over the ocean are stronger and there was enough of a SE fetch to pile the water in? 

I think allot of it had to do with wind direction. Usually during coastal storms that produce flooding the wind is NE which is more of a side shore flow. SE wind fits the Ny bight perfectly. One of the many reasons sandy was in a league by itself. 

• Like 1

Peak T's were around 4am:

1671786000-rreNXRMjMxk.png

And right now:        btw:   My Barometer is 29.11" at 11:30am and I think that should do it.      Also, the T should be above 32 continuously starting late on Dec. 28 and lasting til the AM of Jan. 05, a wasted week---unless a better setup is creating itself during the lull.

1671811200-NvR9G8zBvGA.png

Heavy rain by 12:30pm?    A changeover in City by 1:30pm???

1671813960-STuQMGTx4wI.png

Just now, Tatamy said:

Snow is now falling moderately to heavily from Allentown and south and west.  I am seeing visibilities of 1/2 mile or less in places on webcams.  Temperature starting to fall steadily here - down to 38•. You folks in northern NJ and SE NY need to pay attention to this.

Would be the fitting finale here after the chaos this morning. Hopefully it doesn’t get downsloped to death trying to get into NYC. 

• Like 1