• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

2 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

A tic warmer with biggest ramifications for sCT/seMA... still a good thump for pike region and north.

Relative to this 12z Euro, 10am NWS map is anticipating maybe another tic or 2 north

Yeah I could see the Euro solution verifying with just one more tick north....Euro still has warning snows from HFD to PVD and my guess is that nudges just a bit more north.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Euro cut back again for southern CT.

Euro qpf actually increased from 6z considerably across CT; back to just under an inch across srn CT... this is all about how quickly a flip to sleet occurs; miss that timing by an hour or two and snow amounts are back to 4+ inches...  Could be a crap load of sleet & ice??? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Euro qpf actually increased from 6z considerably across CT; back to just under an inch across srn CT... this is all about how quickly a flip to sleet occurs; miss that timing by an hour or two and snow amounts are back to 4+ inches...  Could be a crap load of sleet & ice??? 

Will be a zone down there of .50-.75 accretion. Icestorm warning stuff . Probably Bethany area. Shocker 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, FXWX said:

Now that they upgraded us to a Winter Storm Warning.. The thoughts are a heavy thump of snow through the early/mid morning.. With a change to Sleet and even some freezing rain.. Then a flip back to some snow in the afternoon as the upper levels cool before ending early evening

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah....that thump is really good here. Most of our snow is from 4am to 10am....so it's important that it slams during that time before we dryslot.

Agree on the need for that---not sure if we can rely on it though.  I'd feel a whole lot more comfortable if I were even 10-20 miles further north.

I do think we're good for warning snows but I'm not convinced we'll be getting north of eight.  Apparently I get to keep my left nut.

16 minutes ago, FXWX said:

I was watching TWC last night and a place in Arkansas has 2 inches of pure sleet!