• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think 95% of any amounts in excess of 12" are in NH, VT and ME....only shot in SNE is perhaps the northern most ORH hills and northernmost Berkshires.

They will occur where the QS banding starts slowing down and sliding east....wherever that occurs is where the 12"+ amounts happens. Best guess is S VT to S NH...but it could be into N MA too.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It is still tracking the vort north of the Euro and some other guidance....the 12z run is tracking it over northern Lake Ontario. While others are more like BUF to ROC . It's not a massive difference but that 25-30 miles matters when we're talking about areas that are flirting with the sleet line.

I don't really agree.

Looks pretty similar to me.

image.thumb.png.aa0dc2c843dfe60093d96db7864ff9a2.png

9 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Luke, The guy is a nervous wreck.  And who’s concerned? Geez.  It’s 3-6 or 4-8 south to north.  It’s had that look for a while.   He melted earlier. Now the Hrrr goes colder..he should feel better.  

You have no idea who I am, I’m the least nervous person there is. Seems like you use others as an excuse to express your own feelings. I simply stated what the models showed. Get over it I don’t care what silly snow maps show I’ve said this many times that I think the Kuchera will be more accurate down here with lower totals as sleet will move in quicker and 10:1 maps are definitely including sleet. I have three businesses that I have to make forecasts for and make calls based on hours of studying the information available not hoping for the most snow in my backyard. 

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Luke, The guy is a nervous wreck.  And who’s concerned? Geez.  It’s 3-6 or 4-8 south to north.  It’s had that look for a while.   He melted earlier. Now the Hrrr goes colder..he should feel better.  

You melted earlier this month yourself, we all do at times, but I’m not gonna get into a back and forth… he’s a good poster and met, good for our area, and calls it like he sees it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah, I've been saying that zone for days? Lol....not sure why you are making it sound like I was previously disagreeing with you.

I'm not. I guess it just seems like that because I am only now closely scrutinizing things for the first time since Sunday. Didn't mean to come across like that.

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

You have no idea who I am, I’m the least nervous person there is. Seems like you use others as an excuse to express your own feelings. I simply stated what the models showed. Get over it I don’t care what silly snow maps show I’ve said this many times that I think the Kuchera will be more accurate down here with lower totals as sleet will move in quicker and 10:1 maps are definitely including sleet. I have three businesses that I have to make forecasts for and make calls based on hours of studying the information available not hoping for the most snow in my backyard. 

You may be the least nervous person in the real world. But in here you melt at the slightest change in the models.  I understand you have a business to run and I respect that. And I should have been more clear when I said you’re all over the map…what I really meant was emotionally speaking your yo and down. . Or at least that’s how it comes across in here.  And you melted big time this morning in here... Period.  

I don’t really give a flying crap either way, but that’s the way it sounded on here. I like your map of 4-8 south to north at the moment.  

Ita all good. We’ll drop it now. Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

The strength matter there ...  The stronger depiction ( right ) would lend to the stronger warm intrusion aloft -

True.....again, not night and day, though....I would still prefer to err on the poleward side of things with respect to the intrusion of mid level warm tongues.

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You melted earlier this month yourself, we all do at times, but I’m not gonna get into a back and forth… he’s a good poster and met, good for our area, and calls it like he sees it. 

I melted at the frustration of the season, after the storm was over. He was melting at a model run.  Again, its my opinion on what I saw. 

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

You may be the least nervous person in the real world. But in here you melt at the slightest change in the models.  I understand you have a business to run and I respect that. And I should have been more clear when I said you’re all over the map…what I really meant was emotionally speaking your yo and down. . Or at least that’s how it comes across in here.  And you melted big time this morning in here... Period.  

I don’t really give a flying crap either way, but that’s the way it sounded on here. I like your map of 4-8 south to north at the moment.  

Ita all good. We’ll drop it now. Carry on. 

Posting results of models isn’t melting! Sorry hurting your weenie snow feelings sounds like a melt. Maybe take some psychology classes. 

• Thanks 1

• Typhoon Tip changed the title to Winter storm for the 25th of February is imminent.
  • dendrite unpinned this topic